Australian postal ballot support same sex marriage

Aus22

A ostal ballot of all Australians supporte d supported same sex marriage by 6%. It is not binding bu tpoliticans have said they wil make it law bfore Chistmas.

Werbung:
A ostal ballot of all Australians supporte d supported same sex marriage by 6%. It is not binding bu tpoliticans have said they wil make it law bfore Chistmas.

The only thing I know is that all the Australian I know personally are overjoyed by this vote!

I guess I only know SMART and FAIR MINDED AUSTRALIANS!

GOOD FOR YOU, AUSTRALIA!

I WAS WRONG WITHE MARJIN> AUSTRLIANS VOTED 6% yes for same sex marriage and 34% NO>

the senate passed the bill last night witout admendments. it will now go to the lower house to become law. admendments to protect religious objectors will come later

this is not the first proposal made in parliament. It is the first gay proposal. The bill will be passed but admendments will not pass. Surely celebrants of religions opposed to gay marriage will not be force to marry such couples. TO get the bill passed quickly amemdents will have to wait to later

this is not the first proposal made in parliament. It is the first gay proposal. The bill will be passed but admendments will not pass. Surely celebrants of religions opposed to gay marriage will not be force to marry such couples. TO get the bill passed quickly amemdents will have to wait to later

Obviously it is not the first proposal but the first GAY couple proposal. . .this is why it is such a big event and why it is celebrated.
Let's see what happens about potential amendments! Personally, I don't care whether or not every official has to perform gay weddings. . . I would think that most couples would want to select someone who is truly happy to do it. As long as there are plenty of chances to find an officiant to perform gay weddings. . .who cares? And I have no idea what "doing it right" now would mean!

Personally, IF I were to be an official performing marriage of any kind, I would have no problem with performing a gay marriage and be happy for the young couple, but I certainly would have issues with being asked to perform a 3rd of 4th marriage or a marriage between two people who are obviously not matched (i.e., with over 20-25 years age difference, especially if the "bride" is below the age of 18!

THE Government promise that he same Sex marriage legislation will be law by Christmas. Therefore The Bill is being rush through without amendments.
Amendments will come later. I doubt if religious celebrants will be forced to have same sex weddings but what about supples of cakes and music who have a conscience objection. Will they be forced to supply services ?

THE Government promise that he same Sex marriage legislation will be law by Christmas. Therefore The Bill is being rush through without amendments.
Amendments will come later. I doubt if religious celebrants will be forced to have same sex weddings but what about supples of cakes and music who have a conscience objection. Will they be forced to supply services ?
You are your own country of course but you see how it played here when emotion overcame reason.

I doubt if religious celebrants will be forced to have same sex weddings
What would happen if they do!! Maybe the the psychiatric wards of Australian hospitals will been overwhelmed with Celebrants having a crisis of conscience in view of the law change....now that they have to stand in front of couples and smile as they invoke the vows whereas in the past they would have been shown the door.... o_O

Werbung:
Back