Australian Liberal party voted new Prime Minister

Aus22

Tonight the Liberal Party elected Malcolm Turnbull by 10 votes over Tony Abbott as leader.
As the Liberal party is the government , Turnbull also become Prime Minister.

Werbung:
Turnbull is more moderate than Abbott. He likely to move to the centre or even left. He believes in climate change so might speed up measures against pollution. He main job will be to make the economy work better. This might involve new taxes. He is likely to stop cutting social security. But he only has year to go so it will be hard.

Turnbull is more moderate than Abbott. He likely to move to the centre or even left. He believes in climate change so might speed up measures against pollution. He main job will be to make the economy work better. This might involve new taxes. He is likely to stop cutting social security. But he only has year to go so it will be hard.
Thx for the insight. I did see where he was filling an interim term. I can see where it may be difficult getting much done.
I was reading an article on the thousand or so high effiency coal power plants being built in the far East and the boon it would be for Australia. I gather you guys have quite a bit to mine and sell.
Might pose a bit of a conundrum if the new guy wants to be seen as battling CO2.
But if you want economic opportunity it will certainly help.

dogtower, Turnbull only won by 10 votes, Although in the past he was a strong advocate of strong measures on climate change he has now been forced to endorse Abbott weaker measures. It is true Australia gains by more coal power stations. We have plenty of coal which we export to China. >One suggestion is to build more efficient plant call clean coal plants . But I am not sure they work to reduce much pollution.
Australia also has abundant supplies of uranium and sun so would also gain if the world turn to non coal.. sources. I think Australia will gain economically either way.
With the price of coal falling , alternative energy might be just as cheap.

It was stated in the article I saw that the coal generators were supposed to reduce emissions 25%. I suppose that can be seen as pretty good or not depending on one's perspective.
I know you have more sun than rain but if you blanket the outback with solar panels it's going to have a negative impact on habitat. There are more animals out there than people may think.

dogTower these coal generators were base on the concept of clean coal. This has not been proven yet. I can not see how solar paners will have a negative impact on wildlife in such a big and near empty continent. They will mainly be in the cities.

dogTower these coal generators were base on the concept of clean coal. This has not been proven yet. I can not see how solar paners will have a negative impact on wildlife in such a big and near empty continent. They will mainly be in the cities.

In the cities ? Where ?
No they go out to the outback. You need real estate and lots of it to rival coal.
Coal is proven by the way.
Ask an aboriginal about what fooling with nature. Seriously I saw a special some time back where they went interviewing thsee folks and you would be surprized the insights they have about the Dead Heart. It's not as dead as it looks.

dogtower, Solar Panels are mainly on the roof of house in the city. Under the previous government they were government subsidy now householders have to pay for them. However they still are a goo investment as they reduce electricity prices. Mining is mainly in the outback. Many aboriginals are opposed the them. If you stuck to nature they would still be hunters and gathers. But the lifestyle is not substantial even in the outback. We do0 have to change .

Dogtower, Solar Panels are mainly on the roof of house in the city. Under the previous government thee was a subsidy. Now householders have to pay for them but they are still a good investment as they reduce your electricity bill.
Mining is in the outback and many aboriginals are opposed t it..

For a leader to be elected by a tiny majority of just 10 votes doesn't really tell me that there's much confidence in him right from day one. I might be wrong but he might have a lot of work to do now to get the rest of the party on his side, and one mistake could be very costly indeed when your talking about 10 votes.

For a leader to be elected by a tiny majority of just 10 votes doesn't really tell me that there's much confidence in him right from day one. I might be wrong but he might have a lot of work to do now to get the rest of the party on his side, and one mistake could be very costly indeed when your talking about 10 votes.
I've been trying yo get my arms around this 10 votes thing.
I guess this is a vote among party members and not actual people.
If there were only 100 votes, 10 is more than it would seem.

dogtower, Yes it was the part of about100 members. Ten votes is higher than what Abbott got when he removed Turnbull as party leader ,six yeas ago by one vote.
However many Conservative are unhappy. Several lost their positions as ministers when Turnbull announced his new ministries at the week end Thy include the
The Treasurer who lost his job and might leave parliament. More women were elected including one as Minister for Defence.

Werbung:
dogtower, Yes it was the part of about100 members. Ten votes is higher than what Abbott got when he removed Turnbull as party leader ,six yeas ago by one vote.
However many Conservative are unhappy. Several lost their positions as ministers when Turnbull announced his new ministries at the week end Thy include the
The Treasurer who lost his job and might leave parliament. More women were elected including one as Minister for Defence.
Thx for that perspective Aus.
S ounds like a number of interesting story lines to watch

Back