ASPCA = puppy killers!

We have a "no-kill" shelter in our county. It's called "All God's Creature," and it survives on donations. But, although someone donated a couple of acres of lands, and an old house, it takes a lot of money to build kennels, buy food and medication, and spay and neuter. Local veterinarians offer very low cost spay and neuter services, and even medical care, and neighbors (including our neighborhood) give bags of dog foods, toys, old towels, bedding and all that. The local grocery store also helps by selling them dog food at reduced prices, and by collecting dog (and cat food, obviously) from their customers for them.

We had a big fund raiser where the "dog whisperer," (don't remember his name) came, with an auction, etc. . .they were going to build a new big kennel on the 2 acres of land, but they never got enough money.

So they bought an old farm house and made a kennel out of it. To keep it going, they offer boarding for people who want to leave their dogs while they go on vacation, and also grooming. They also go to gas stations on weekends, etc. .. and instead of a "carwash" sale, they have a "dogwash" sale! It's kind of fun, and many people volunteer. They also go to malls (like near PetSmart) about once a month with a 1/2 dozen dogs and offer them for adoptions. . .they can usually place 2 or 3, which allows them to take in a few more. They are doing really well for a lot of dogs, but could NEVER take as many as 100 dogs at a time. . .so they do have to say no sometimes, especially if the dogs are aggressive.

Still they are doing a great job, and I always give them a check at the end of the year, and a couple of bags of food, flea products, etc. . .during the year, as do most of my neighbors.

But there is NO WAY they could take in all the dogs that are dropped at the SPCA, in addition to the dogs that are dropped at their place. A dog lives 12 to 16 years. . .and they NEVER put a dog to sleep, unless he is terminally ill or is suffering.

I hate that some are killed but I do understand that it has to happen sometimes, but why cant the aspca, humane society and pita donate to places like that, they make a lot of money and it goes mostly to extermination of animals.. I think most people think those groups do what the group in your area does. I hope you donated to them, I would have but I wont donate to aspca or any of the other groups I named anymore. Its too bad that group you have in your area didn't get more money to build what they wanted, it sounds really nice.

Do you have their names? I might want to donate to them.

Werbung:
Why don't they just be honest and say 90 percent of all the dogs and cats we come into contact we gas and heap their bodies on top of each other in a big fat pile and all within 24-48 hours.

Because if they did, no one would contribute to their cause. People don't like reality, after all.

I hate that some are killed but I do understand that it has to happen sometimes, but why cant the aspca, humane society and pita donate to places like that, they make a lot of money and it goes mostly to extermination of animals.. I think most people think those groups do what the group in your area does. I hope you donated to them, I would have but I wont donate to aspca or any of the other groups I named anymore. Its too bad that group you have in your area didn't get more money to build what they wanted, it sounds really nice.

Their name is "All God's Creature." There are several organizations under that name around Georgia and South Carolina. . .maybe across the States, but I don't think so. I'm sur eyou could find them on the web.

just don't forget the only reason no kill shelters can even do anything...is because others do the dirty work for them. Also if you want to help pets at the other places but not to help put down any...don't give money...donate dog and cat food, toys and other items to them...then you know they will go to the part you like...but just keep in mind sometimes doing the bad thing, is also doing the moral thing.

Because if they did, no one would contribute to their cause. People don't like reality, after all.

That is true and it's a good reason to have threads like this and conversations about it.

If someone is ok with killing the dogs then they should donate to aspca and such but people like me who would rather help them live should not, but also should let everyone know why they don't

just don't forget the only reason no kill shelters can even do anything...is because others do the dirty work for them. Also if you want to help pets at the other places but not to help put down any...don't give money...donate dog and cat food, toys and other items to them...then you know they will go to the part you like...but just keep in mind sometimes doing the bad thing, is also doing the moral thing.

Yes, that is a good idea about donating toys and food and stuff instead of money, except the place openmind talked about, they promise not to kill them so it would be ok to give them money for meds and stuff.

Werbung:
I just went to the vet to get doggie meds. On the wall, they had a chart showing how one pair of cats, with all of their kittens and kittens' kittens, would amount to over 11 million cats in nine years. That's figuring on 2.8 kittens per litter surviving, which seems low.

Back