ASPCA = puppy killers!

Werbung:
I found this really sad video of tons of dead pets killed by ASPCA, humane society and peta.

They get so many donations to help animals and the majority of the "help" they give is to kill the dogs and Cats.

watch the video if you can..

Grr it wont post the video here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvpL2vh3rrg

Very sad indeed! That's why we prefer to adopt our pets from rescue centers.
However, the SPCA cannot FORCE people to adopt all the pets that are dropped at their door steps.

The guilty parties are people who mistreat their pets, do not respect their pets enough to have them neutered or spayed, and let them run wild so they get litters after litters of puppies and kittens.

Now, IF birth control pill was available for pets. . .or IF a local law was inacted to force pet owners to have them spayed or neutered, UNLESS they demonstrated the ability to raise a whole litter and paid a fee at least equal to 10 X the cost of spaying or neutering. . .this would avoid many cruelties toward pets.

Such a law would obviously find opponents in people not wanting government involvement. . .but it would resolve a great deal of the issue. Belgium just passed such a law: Every pet must be neutered or spayed, unless a breeder request a special license, and is then "followed" to assure that he/she doesn't function as a "puppy mill," but that the pets are treated humanly.

Spay and neuter!

No one could possibly take care of all of the cats and dogs that result from uncontrolled breeding.

A female cat starts having kittens around a year of age or less, and keeps having them for maybe ten years or so. She can have two litters of six per year. That is a potential of 120 from just one mother cat. Each of those has an average of three females, each of which can produce her own 120. Do the math.

First generation: three females. Second, nine, third.... it's a geometric progression.

Dogs can reproduce in a similar manner.

Spay and neuter!

I agree with Spay and neuter but the point of the thread is this...

These groups are getting large donations yet 90 percent of the animals are killed.

I just saw an ad on TV asking for $20.00 a month to help dogs and cats from the humane society. The ad says your 20 dollars could be the different in the life and death of this dog.

Why don't they just be honest and say 90 percent of all the dogs and cats we come into contact we gas and heap their bodies on top of each other in a big fat pile and all within 24-48 hours.

You would think with the kind of money they get, they could at least make rescue shelters and let them live out their lives. How much could it cost to stick a bunch of dogs and cats on a big plot of land and have people come feed them and play with them.

I agree with Spay and neuter but the point of the thread is this...

These groups are getting large donations yet 90 percent of the animals are killed.

I just saw an ad on TV asking for $20.00 a month to help dogs and cats from the humane society. The ad says your 20 dollars could be the different in the life and death of this dog.

Why don't they just be honest and say 90 percent of all the dogs and cats we come into contact we gas and heap their bodies on top of each other in a big fat pile and all within 24-48 hours.

You would think with the kind of money they get, they could at least make rescue shelters and let them live out their lives. How much could it cost to stick a bunch of dogs and cats on a big plot of land and have people come feed them and play with them.

You're a very nice person. But you just don't understand the magnitude of the problem! Those $20.00 a month don't even cover 1/10th of the pets that the ASPCA has to deal with. So they are faced with ignoring the pets running loose on the streets, or to take in and euthanaze the less "adoptable" pets in a more "human" fashion.

I don't like it. . .it breaks my heart, but I rather they be euthanized than end up in an experimental lab, hooked up to tubes, or with chemicals poored into their eyes so that we, humans, can use make up with no pain. I rather they be euthanized than used as "baits" for dog fighting rings, or be left to starve to death chained to a tree in the forest.

This is, unfortunately, a very parallel situation to the many unwanted pregnancies in humans.
Unfortunately, this is not "Eden." We live "EAST of Eden." And this world is very far to be perfect. What we can do is try to prevent those atrocities through prevention.

Is your dog or cat neutered or spayed? Are all your friends' dogs and cats neutered or spayed? When you are ready to adopt a new pet, do you pick one from the local SPCA or from a rescue center? Do you pick a "less lovable pet" (older, not attractive, with some behavioral issues), or do you pick a cute puppy from a puppy mill?

Those questions can make a (small) difference. You just can't solve the whole issue at this time, when spaying and neutering are not an obligation, without resorting to euthanesia.

You're a very nice person. But you just don't understand the magnitude of the problem! Those $20.00 a month don't even cover 1/10th of the pets that the ASPCA has to deal with. So they are faced with ignoring the pets running loose on the streets, or to take in and euthanaze the less "adoptable" pets in a more "human" fashion.

I don't like it. . .it breaks my heart, but I rather they be euthanized than end up in an experimental lab, hooked up to tubes, or with chemicals poored into their eyes so that we, humans, can use make up with no pain. I rather they be euthanized than used as "baits" for dog fighting rings, or be left to starve to death chained to a tree in the forest.

This is, unfortunately, a very parallel situation to the many unwanted pregnancies in humans.
Unfortunately, this is not "Eden." We live "EAST of Eden." And this world is very far to be perfect. What we can do is try to prevent those atrocities through prevention.

Is your dog or cat neutered or spayed? Are all your friends' dogs and cats neutered or spayed? When you are ready to adopt a new pet, do you pick one from the local SPCA or from a rescue center? Do you pick a "less lovable pet" (older, not attractive, with some behavioral issues), or do you pick a cute puppy from a puppy mill?

Those questions can make a (small) difference. You just can't solve the whole issue at this time, when spaying and neutering are not an obligation, without resorting to euthanesia.

I still think for the amount of money they bring in they could save more than 10 percent. A life in a big large fenced in area with lots of other dogs is better than being gassed and then thrown on a pile of other puppies. I would not want to be Euthanized and though I had to do it with one of my pets I don't agree doing it to an animal either, unless they are about to die anyway's and this would put them out of their misery :(

And I think they lead people to believe they are helping save the life of puppies and kitties when it's enabling them finically to kill them instead. I wonder how much in donations they would get if they were perfectly honest with us as to what they do.

Yes, my dogs are fixed and one was in the pound and the other the family couldn't keep and I have a new kitty that is still too little to get fixed but when he is old enough we will, he was from an unwanted litter.

I still think for the amount of money they bring in they could save more than 10 percent. A life in a big large fenced in area with lots of other dogs is better than being gassed and then thrown on a pile of other puppies. I would not want to be Euthanized and though I had to do it with one of my pets I don't agree doing it to an animal either, unless they are about to die anyway's and this would put them out of their misery :(

And I think they lead people to believe they are helping save the life of puppies and kitties when it's enabling them finically to kill them instead. I wonder how much in donations they would get if they were perfectly honest with us as to what they do.

Yes, my dogs are fixed and one was in the pound and the other the family couldn't keep and I have a new kitty that is still too little to get fixed but when he is old enough we will, he was from an unwanted litter.

I really wish there were better solutions for all these poor pets also. And I'm glad you are a responsible pet owner. My little dog is a rescue dog. He was already neutered before we got him (8 years ago), but if he hadn't been, we would have had him neutered.

Once, I even trapped a wild cat in the Santa Cruz mountains, near our home and took him to our family vet to be spayed, then we released her in the wild, since that was her life. She already had two kitten, one that we finally tamed and adopted (and had neutered), the other died in the 1989 earthquake.

If every pet owner was as responsible as you and I, there would be no problem, and no need for regulations. As it stands. . .we need to have regulations to limit the number unwanted pets that are born.

I really wish there were better solutions for all these poor pets also. And I'm glad you are a responsible pet owner. My little dog is a rescue dog. He was already neutered before we got him (8 years ago), but if he hadn't been, we would have had him neutered.

Once, I even trapped a wild cat in the Santa Cruz mountains, near our home and took him to our family vet to be spayed, then we released her in the wild, since that was her life. She already had two kitten, one that we finally tamed and adopted (and had neutered), the other died in the 1989 earthquake.

If every pet owner was as responsible as you and I, there would be no problem, and no need for regulations. As it stands. . .we need to have regulations to limit the number unwanted pets that are born.

Oregon does not make you spay and neuter but they do force you to register your dog and if its spayed or neutered you pay a very low price to register them and if they are not the price is very high. So that might sway some people to do it, also there is a limit to how many dogs you can have. I don't really like that rule, I would have more if I could and all ones others cannot keep anymore.

it does not really matter if you think they should be able to help more...if they in fact can't...There are more puppies and kittens then people who want them buy huge amounts...wanting and wishing will not change that. They do the best they can, but until people get smarter they can only do so much

Oregon does not make you spay and neuter but they do force you to register your dog and if its spayed or neutered you pay a very low price to register them and if they are not the price is very high. So that might sway some people to do it, also there is a limit to how many dogs you can have. I don't really like that rule, I would have more if I could and all ones others cannot keep anymore.

you may not like that limit, but I bet it saves a lot more pets. was like a week ago they found some woman or family with like 700 cats...of course most will have to be put down or where already dead.

you may not like that limit, but I bet it saves a lot more pets. was like a week ago they found some woman or family with like 700 cats...of course most will have to be put down or where already dead.

That is a whole lot of cats so maybe a limit is good

What about 5 dogs and 10 cat limit?

Id rather see 100 dogs on an acre of land (fenced of course) than dead in a pile

thats how you end up with 100 dead dogs

well like in a shelter situation, not 100 dogs at your house unless you had a few acres and the money to feed them and get them doctor care and the time to throw balls for them sometimes.

I would donate to these places if instead of gassing them, they put them on a farm with lots of other dogs. If the people cleaning up after them, feeding them and playing with them were all volunteers it couldn't cost that much to run it and if every town had one or two of these then way way less dogs would have to die

well like in a shelter situation, not 100 dogs at your house unless you had a few acres and the money to feed them and get them doctor care and the time to throw balls for them sometimes.

I would donate to these places if instead of gassing them, they put them on a farm with lots of other dogs. If the people cleaning up after them, feeding them and playing with them were all volunteers it couldn't cost that much to run it and if every town had one or two of these then way way less dogs would have to die

so you want 20 acre plots of dogs in cages where they will live there lives in cages...

again there are not enough people to adopt them all...it sucks buts its true..

Werbung:

We have a "no-kill" shelter in our county. It's called "All God's Creature," and it survives on donations. But, although someone donated a couple of acres of lands, and an old house, it takes a lot of money to build kennels, buy food and medication, and spay and neuter. Local veterinarians offer very low cost spay and neuter services, and even medical care, and neighbors (including our neighborhood) give bags of dog foods, toys, old towels, bedding and all that. The local grocery store also helps by selling them dog food at reduced prices, and by collecting dog (and cat food, obviously) from their customers for them.

We had a big fund raiser where the "dog whisperer," (don't remember his name) came, with an auction, etc. . .they were going to build a new big kennel on the 2 acres of land, but they never got enough money.

So they bought an old farm house and made a kennel out of it. To keep it going, they offer boarding for people who want to leave their dogs while they go on vacation, and also grooming. They also go to gas stations on weekends, etc. .. and instead of a "carwash" sale, they have a "dogwash" sale! It's kind of fun, and many people volunteer. They also go to malls (like near PetSmart) about once a month with a 1/2 dozen dogs and offer them for adoptions. . .they can usually place 2 or 3, which allows them to take in a few more. They are doing really well for a lot of dogs, but could NEVER take as many as 100 dogs at a time. . .so they do have to say no sometimes, especially if the dogs are aggressive.

Still they are doing a great job, and I always give them a check at the end of the year, and a couple of bags of food, flea products, etc. . .during the year, as do most of my neighbors.

But there is NO WAY they could take in all the dogs that are dropped at the SPCA, in addition to the dogs that are dropped at their place. A dog lives 12 to 16 years. . .and they NEVER put a dog to sleep, unless he is terminally ill or is suffering.

Back