Apparently the Democratic candidate race is still ongoing?

Zanna

I was baffled to find that out that the race is still ongoing, and I apologize for my naivete, but the narrative of various articles had me thinking that the deed is done, that it's final with Clinton as a winner. Just now I found out that Clinton has 1716 pledged delegates and Sanders has 1433. He was just at North Dakota doing a speech on fracking.
Apparently there's room for a turnover because at June 7th the states that vote are the Dakotas, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, and the big one, California.

Werbung:
The Democratic race is definitely not over but I am concerned about it. First off, I think both candidates are very qualified and despite the bad press and the like on each of them, Ultimately, I think Hillary will win the nomination because of her name recognition alone. Plus, she is associated with a few states that will help her win, too. I'm just hoping that if that's the case, Sanders won't run as an independent because all it will do is pull from Hillary's voters and put a Republican (likely Trump) in office.

Clinton already acts as though she's the Democratic nominee. She's been attacking Trump for a while because . . .

So though Sanders isn't giving up, it's obvious that he isn't getting the nomination unless Clinton gets indicted before she wins.

HRC was foolish to attempt to use inevitably to finish off Sanders. It's only helped him.

I doubt he can catch her and so does he as what he's aiming for is convention iteclout to shape a platform more to his constituant's liking.

3rd party is quite unlikely IMO.

HRC was foolish to attempt to use inevitably to finish off Sanders. It's only helped him.

I doubt he can catch her and so does he as what he's aiming for is convention iteclout to shape a platform more to his constituant's liking.

3rd party is quite unlikely IMO.
I agree. Also during the campaign most pundits say that Bernie keeps HRC more to the left than she wants. I would think he would be less effective at the convention when the campaign is over.

Should Sanders get big wins in California and New Jersey there's a remote possibility that some super delegates may want to switch sides and back Sanders. Quite a long shot but that's what's Sanders is hoping for.

Oh, they can switch? I didn't know that. That changes everything, because it can go the other way around too...

Yes, the supers can do as they please.
With HRC sinking in the polls and Sanders consistant shown to be able to take Trump down, it's not impossible

The bigger problem for Sanders is $.

He's down to 6m in the bank and support not keeping up like it did. With media being in the tank for HRC, he has to spend somebody else's money.

It seems the problem now is that Sanders is going to the convention to stir things up and continue to try to take HRC down. Both conventions will be "interesting".

GOP is a wrap now.
It certainly is. What will be interesting to see is how many of the GOP will become toadies to their imposing new leader, and how many will grit their teeth and bear it. I believe that Trump's new "popularity" with the GOP establishment is driven by fear of being left in the cold. That is how Fascism is born.

It certainly is. What will be interesting to see is how many of the GOP will become toadies to their imposing new leader, and how many will grit their teeth and bear it. I believe that Trump's new "popularity" with the GOP establishment is driven by fear of being left in the cold. That is how Fascism is born.
How dramatic !
The establishment is trying to hold onto their phoney baloney jobs same as they always do. Most times they get the lead they manufactured, sometimes not. This year it's a not.

Werbung:
It seems the problem now is that Sanders is going to the convention to stir things up and continue to try to take HRC down. Both conventions will be "interesting".

Now, that's something I'd like to see. Are these conventions going to be streamed online? Does anyone know?

He's down to 6m in the bank and support not keeping up like it did. With media being in the tank for HRC, he has to spend somebody else's money.

Crickey, this guy will either sink or swim, it seems. There's no in-between.

Back