Apology NOT accepted

Werbung:
That is truly disgusting and shows the true nature of our anti-American president.

I am willing to bet years after the end of BO's disastrous presidency, we will learn of numerous things like this that he has done in secret.

we are still feeling the effects of the abysmal Carter presidency and we will feel the effects of this one long after its gone as well.

seems even Japan is embarrassed over Obama's need to apologize for America. that wikileaks sure has thrown some transparency over things.

lots more at the link but this is the gist of it.

Funny how you jump to grab anything that could be detrimental for Obama. . .but forget to read the whole thing:

It’s important to note that this story is not confirmed. At this point there isn’t direct evidence to suggest that the Obama administration definitively planned to offer public remorse for the U.S.’s decades-old actions. But the cable does, at the least, seem to indicate that at least one Japanese authority assumed the president was attempting to issue an “I’m sorry.”

Referred to my previous post. . .quote comes from the same article you posted. . .just had to read a little further:

NOT confirmed. . .and it seems that it was a JAPANESE official's interpretation.

Well we are talking about Japan saying 'no thanks'. A Japanese official would have to say it.

Well we are talking about Japan saying 'no thanks'. A Japanese official would have to say it.

The point is what are they saying "no thanks" to?

At this point, it is simply a visit to Hiroshima during the visit to Japan.
It makes NO references to stated or intended apologies by the President, just that ONE Japanese official thought that "maybe" the President intended to apologize for the US action in Hiroshima IF he went on a visit there.

Grasping at straws. . .!

The point is what are they saying "no thanks" to?

At this point, it is simply a visit to Hiroshima during the visit to Japan.
It makes NO references to stated or intended apologies by the President, just that ONE Japanese official thought that "maybe" the President intended to apologize for the US action in Hiroshima IF he went on a visit there.

Grasping at straws. . .!

It would be "grasping at straws" except for this glaring fact....The President has a pattern of apologizing for the USA.

It would be "grasping at straws" except for this glaring fact....The President has a pattern of apologizing for the USA.

The President has made clear that he respects other countries, and that he is aware of the arrogance toward the rest of the world that has defined so many prior administrations.

If you call that "apologies," it is your right. But to me (and to most rational people), it is a statement that this President at least realizes that other countries ALSO have feelings, and ALSO have the right to be proud of their country, of their accomplishment.

Obama has not denied our "American exceptionalism," he has attempted to make the dumbest among us realize that. . .there is also a "FRENCH exceptionalism," and a "GERMAN exceptionalism," and most countries have that pride and love for their "special culture," and their ability to survive through difficult times. . .not for 250 years, but for thousands of years in many cases.

Why is it that recognizing that someone else has something of value takes (in the Right wing ideology) from what WE have of value?

This is what has created the picture of "the ugly American" in the world view, and this is also what has triggered so much dislike of our policies.

I'm so sorry if you cannot understand that much.

Werbung:
The US official response to the nukes is that they were regrettable but necessary. Had the Japanese apologized for Nanking, Bataan, Burma or the treatment of POW's I would be shocked. It is the nature of the Japanese (and Chinese for that matter) to include carefully worded "non-apologies' in negociations or to force them for the benefit of their political prestiege. You remember the spy plane that was struck by the Chinese fighter pilot who crashed and died? We had to craft a careful non-apology to get the multi million high tech spy plane back-why? Because Condi Rice was too quick to condemn the Chinese. While they were clearly in the wrong we should have been less confrontational at least until the 22 service men and the plane was returned. This is what the Japanese were looking for and did not get.

Back