Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

Trapper, I bow to no one in my belief in God, and my contempt for and frustration with the GOP as it currently exists. For twenty years now they have been deeply unserious and have neglected their responsibilities to a degree that approaches treason. as far as Patriotism goes I will match mine with anyones. I'm a Marine I was going to say x marine but there is no such thing,

Your not better than the people on this board, you insult everyone who disagrees with you except me, what you say is meaningless because of how you say it..Sometimes your right but not all the time not even close.

If you want to make a statement or rebuke something I've said .. do it with respect...or your nothing but a troll..

Internet troll - Wikipedia
https://goo.gl/images/8zx0zG

Werbung:
Nobody controls 100% of the oil Market.
Making six and a half cents on every dollar is very tight.
If we sell our oil at a premium that's a good thing and necessary because that's how they get that thin margin up to 6.5.
I know it's fun to make oil companies out to be bad guts but making stuff up does not aid your case.
One other thing.. the oil business has held up this economy more than once..

Nobody controls 100% of the oil Market.
Making six and a half cents on every dollar is very tight.
If we sell our oil at a premium that's a good thing and necessary because that's how they get that thin margin up to 6.5.
I know it's fun to make oil companies out to be bad guts but making stuff up does not aid your case.

Not making anything up. If you believe there is not an oil cartel that is your ignorance. They share the same refineries, the same pipelines, and they all use the same end product. Some stations my add a few cents of additives at the holding tank, but that is it. I used to drive gas truck so don't even try to ********* me on the topic.

As for selling the oil on the open market, they don't get anymore for it that the Saudi's do. When I was driving truck I used to pick up a product, say Brach's candy, in Chicago, haul it to Boston, then move three doors over, and load the same product, and haul it to LA. Kind of like hauling shrimp to Galveston from Gloucester, and then hauling shrimp from Galveston to Gloucester.

All it does is add to the cost of the product, and increases the profit. And when your profit is 93 Billion dollars it is obvious that the 6.5% is more then enough.

Besides that, isn't it the right wingers like you that keep whining about "energy independence"? You want to drill all over Yellowstone National Park, yet you don't want to use the glut of oil we already have.

You know very little about the oil business, first there is more competition then you can imagine.. I've been a contractor all my life, I have never made 100% on any job so if their out there they either have no work because their prices are to hi or no work at all. You do realize that the oil business pay's better then almost any other industry and takes very good care of their people..This country would be broke without them..

This country is going broke because of them. With the "incentives", the tax breaks, etc., hell, they could lose money, and still make a profit. Then too, tell me why they are firing employees, shutting down wells, and closing service stations.

Thought you said you used to drive truck? No matter, my example was relevant to the irrelevance of profit margin. If you are a private contractor I would bet your profit margin is well above 6.5%.

Trapper, I bow to no one in my belief in God, and my contempt for and frustration with the GOP as it currently exists. For twenty years now they have been deeply unserious and have neglected their responsibilities to a degree that approaches treason. as far as Patriotism goes I will match mine with anyones. I'm a Marine I was going to say x marine but there is no such thing,

Your not better than the people on this board, you insult everyone who disagrees with you except me, what you say is meaningless because of how you say it..Sometimes your right but not all the time not even close.

If you want to make a statement or rebuke something I've said .. do it with respect...or your nothing but a troll..

Internet troll - Wikipedia

Doesn't matter to me what you think, at least I am an "honest troll" which is more then one can say for you. And your "frustration" cannot be that deep since you consistently vote for them. As to your "patriotism", you had the choice of voting for a patriot, or a coward, and as Thomas Paine said:

“THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated”

glut of oil we have here rather then sell in on the global market, and then buy it back.
Just a small point, I think certain types of crude oil are only useful for certain types of distilling. I don't think the crude oil you would export would necessarily be the same as the imported? Also I guess it depends upon the distilling capacity at refineries?

Again you need to do a little more research, After World War II much of Europe was destroyed. Armies from both sides had bombed roads, bridges, supplies, and communication facilities throughout Europe. Europe needed to rebuild. This was not easy however. Many governments were in debt or out of money because they had used all their resources in fighting the war. On top of this, their economies were devastated making it difficult to collect taxes in order to rebuild. Many people did not have enough food to eat let alone money to pay taxes.

Fortunately, the land of the United States had been free of war and devastation. The US economy was doing well, making the United States the richest country in the world. We wanted to help Europe and their allies recover from the War. Although the US had already been helping Europe to recover, the Marshall Plan made it official in 1948. Over the next four years the US gave $13 billion in assistance to Western European countries. The US also offered assistance to Russia and its allies, however, they turned it down.

Without us Europe would not exist or at the least would look way different, it was a good move on our part. This was second time we stopped communism from spreading. The third time was under Reagan leadership, by out spending them. In all those times it was because our finances allowed for it..

Today none of that would be possible, because our FINANCES would not allow it. So for you to say we use to be a great country but not anymore. I assume you mean financially, because the people haven't changed. Which proves my point to anyone with a little common sense.

I will get to the rest latter.

No, I do not mean financially!

But first, I was born and raised directly after the war (I was born in 1950) in BELGIUM, so I believe I know FIRST HAND the consequences of the war. . .do not assume that, because people disagree with you, they know nothing!

And, my heart crying for America is NOT about finance, but about what made America great. . .and it is NOT the greed of it's top 1%! What made America great is its people, the DIVERSITY of its people, the diversity of the geographical and cultural heritage. It is its pristine, preserved National Park system, its (past) infrastructure, its innovation, its openness to the rest of the world, its acceptance of new trend in feminism, in HUMAN RIGHTS, including its most recent stand on gay rights.

Today, with 45 in the White House, much of that is being seriously attacked and destroyed. The rebuilding of the infrastructure is being placed far second, at the profit of building a wall that is a barrier to openness. . .and yet, one of the great accomplishment of the 20th century - for which America can take a significant part of credit - was the DESTRUCTION of the Berlin wall! How far down we have come!

The climate of White Supremacy that is pervading America today and being, if not supported, at least accepted by this administration, is endangering our DIVERSITY. The ORIGINAL America, the indigenous people, are being disrespected and their territories invaded and soiled by the greed of American Oil companies. . .With 45 as one of the big investors (DAPL).

Our National park system is being seriously threatened, with a secretary selected, not for his support of our natural heritage, but for his disregard of it! There are even serious talks about "privatising" the system. . .which obviously means, sell the land to the biggest offer and invade the pristine parks with commercial ventures (how many more golf courses and "Trump towers?")

Our environment (water, air, soil) were somewhat (not enough though) by EPA. But today, the selected secretary for EPA is a well known opponent of . . .EPA! He has stated that he thought EPA should be terminated. . .and it looks like he is planning on being the LAST secretary of this necessary department. How many more of our water system will be poisoned? How many more of our cities will begin to resemble China with toxic fog?

With this "presidency," we have given up on all that is noble and beautiful. 45's goal, his UNIQUE focus, is on "economy," but short term economic growth, with complete disregard for the future of our children, for complete disregard about preservation of our treasures. . .if those treasures can bring fast money or if preserving them costs money!

The only other interest 45 seems to have is ARROGANCE. . .showing to the world "who is the boss!" And it seems that he will stop at nothing to show off his "power," including cutting assistance to AMERICANS (including Veterans), to use that money to "build more arms and bombs!"

His cabinet is, for the most part, a mess of totally unfitted selection. Look at Devos, the secretary of education. She is willing to destroy the whole education system because she knows NOTHING about it! She believes that the BIBLE should be taught INSTEAD of science! Amazing. . .the GOP prides itself in being "pro-life," but seems interested only in the life of the unborn. Once the child is born, it can die of lack of healthcare, lack of food, lack of shelter, it can grow without a decent education, it can be sent to war and die on a foreign soil for OIL, or it can die on our street from one of the many firearms that have invaded this country (thanks to NRA and its lobbyists to the GOP). EVEN severely mentally ill people will soon be able to purchase a firearm! How many more children will die at the hands of those "responsible gun owners?"

The little I have learned about you in the last few days of being back here, seems to indicate that you are a man of principle, a Marine (so is my son), a Christian. And yet you seem to have no problem with all this agenda! You may be a Christian, maybe even a Catholic, but you seem to choose to totally ignore the evils that are KNOWN about 45. . .his disrespect (to say the least) of women, of minority, of disability, of other races, or all that is beautiful (except for women. . .of course!). And yet, even Pope Francis has warned us against this. Even Pope Francis has stated that this is NOT the attributes of a CHRISTIAN.

I am sorry, I believe I can respect you, because I believe that you are truly trying to live your religion and you are a honorable man. But I cannot understand the disconnect between your principle, your beliefs, and your seemingly complete acceptance of what this man (45) and his choice of cabinet represent. I cannot understand how you can validate the current GOP stand and keep from being stressed by the cognitive dissonance that exists between your inner belief system and your political stand.

Just a small point, I think certain types of crude oil are only useful for certain types of distilling. I don't think the crude oil you would export would necessarily be the same as the imported? Also I guess it depends upon the distilling capacity at refineries?

So why don't we build more refinery HERE, so as to distil our crude oil. . .and avoid those toxic pipelines between Canada and the Gulf of Mexico, which are a serious danger to our country, but actually bring NOTHING except very few jobs (unless, of course, you count the temporary jobs to build the pipeline and then to clean up after that pipeline spills!).

Energy has been a great boon of a natural resource for us.

And so would natural energy, like wind and sun! It sure is working for others in Europe, in fact, it is working too well for some big energy corporations!

And, as the saying say, I rather have a wind spill or sun spill than an oil spin!

let's face it. . .Oil and especially coal are "sundown" industries that will disappear within 30 years. That's why the mogul want to make the best of it NOW. In a few years, their dirty energy will be worth less than dirt!

and the colossal subsidies that the european governments and EC are spending - something like EUR40billion a year? And that's forgetting the crippling pension provisions that have to be financed.

but that's the way of the world. Europe was born from the ashes of war and strife!

And the way of good old USA is to provide subsidies to fossil fuel. . .even at a time when the pollution created by those fuel is killing people

The guardian: "Globally in 2013, the most recent figures available,the coal, oil and gas industries benefited from subsidies of $550bn, four times those given to renewable energy."

US taxpayers subsidising world's biggest fossil fuel companies ...
https://www.theguardian.com › Environment › Fossil fuels

Werbung:
And the way of good old USA is to provide subsidies to fossil fuel. . .even at a time when the pollution created by those fuel is killing people

The guardian: "Globally in 2013, the most recent figures available,the coal, oil and gas industries benefited from subsidies of $550bn, four times those given to renewable energy."

I'm not responding to just this post, but to the last several posts. You are really on a roll. I haven't contributed anything lately on this thread since you are saying it much better and faster than I can. Thanks

Back