Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

As far as the left is concerned, We Christians who argue against welcoming Syrian migrants to our shores are hateful, bigoted hypocrites ignoring clear scriptural of openness and compassion. In reality, however, Christians who urge that we care for Syrian refugees abroad rather than here at home are responding wisely in my opinion We can be compassionate from afar, and we’d be wise to do so.

Now as far as homosexuality goes, I have never judged them and never will, they should have EVERY right that I have, and you are correct sin is sin..

You said. Leviticus speaks of divorce, and even "laying with a woman" when she has a period, or eating shell fish as an equally evil sin! The Bible also say's there is nothing unclean of it's self, but to him that esteem it to be unclean to him it is unclean.

Yes. . . we tried that just at the beginning of WWII also, turning away a boat full of Jewish refugees. . .and the greatest majority of them died in concentration camps.

Werbung:
And it's so clear to me that this is the way you live your life.. I guess it is clear to you that I don't.. My heart is in the right place, We disagree..

I have to wonder where your heart is when you disagree with God so consistently.

And yes Grumpy, that is the way I live my life. I rebuke sin, and ignorance, I do not condone it as you do. In fact, my close circle of friends all live the same way. We care for others, and for each other. And if one needs help we help. We don't send them off to others.

I am just sorry you lack the insight of the Holy Spirit to see that.

Isn't there a debate churning about cutting the foreign aid budget though? Is it USAID?

CNBC

Yes in order to pay for more military spending, and more wars. I doubt it includes Israel though.

Trump also said that money from other NATO countries was "pouring" in, and we now know that was just another lie

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-takes-credit-hasnt-earned-090217927--politics.html

"
TRUMP: Speaking of the NATO alliance, "Our partners must meet their financial obligations. And now, based on our very strong and frank discussions, they are beginning to do just that. In fact, I can tell you the money is pouring in. Very nice. Very nice."

THE FACTS: No new money has come pouring in from NATO allies. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis made a strong case when he met with allied defense ministers at a NATO meeting last month, pressing them to meet their 2014 commitment to spend 2 percent of their gross domestic product on defense by 2024. He and other leaders said the allies understood the message and there was some discussion about working out plans to meet the goal.

Only five of the 28 member countries are meeting the 2 percent level, and no new commitments have been made since the NATO meeting."

However, the right wing sheep will never understand it.

Hopefully before he goes off on a spending spree someone may want to whisper the concept of asymmetric warfare to him and maybe advise the beefing up of counter insurgency and intelligence
The counter insurgency is lightyeas away from clear as to who it is which us a pretty common problem in that part of the world.

I have to wonder where your heart is when you disagree with God so consistently.

And yes Grumpy, that is the way I live my life. I rebuke sin, and ignorance, I do not condone it as you do. In fact, my close circle of friends all live the same way. We care for others, and for each other. And if one needs help we help. We don't send them off to others.

So grumpy is a dreadful heathen because he suggests it might be better to aid foreigners in their home country with their political problem and you are the apple of God's eye because you look after your small collection of brothers.
Ok I get it.

I'm just glad your here to tell me what I'm lacking..

Yes in order to pay for more military spending, and more wars. I doubt it includes Israel though.

Trump also said that money from other NATO countries was "pouring" in, and we now know that was just another lie

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-takes-credit-hasnt-earned-090217927--politics.html

"
TRUMP: Speaking of the NATO alliance, "Our partners must meet their financial obligations. And now, based on our very strong and frank discussions, they are beginning to do just that. In fact, I can tell you the money is pouring in. Very nice. Very nice."

THE FACTS: No new money has come pouring in from NATO allies. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis made a strong case when he met with allied defense ministers at a NATO meeting last month, pressing them to meet their 2014 commitment to spend 2 percent of their gross domestic product on defense by 2024. He and other leaders said the allies understood the message and there was some discussion about working out plans to meet the goal.

Only five of the 28 member countries are meeting the 2 percent level, and no new commitments have been made since the NATO meeting."

However, the right wing sheep will never understand it.
So none of Trumps actions had anything to do with the world now taking notice ..
The other 23 countries have decided for decades that they don’t want to pay for their own protection. They’ll just freeload on America’s good will. (I mean the yanks saved Europe from self-destruction twice, so they’ll do it again. Right. Right……??)
Yes, NATO is an alliance based on values and not just protection interests. But it is not a US-funded charity, and that is how it has been treated since the end of the Cold War by the majority of its members.And I am quite certain now that, Donald Trump has been elected the Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America, they won’t just be “talking” about it.

So none of Trumps actions had anything to do with the world now taking notice ..
The other 23 countries have decided for decades that they don’t want to pay for their own protection. They’ll just freeload on America’s good will. (I mean the yanks saved Europe from self-destruction twice, so they’ll do it again. Right. Right……??)

The Yanks "gave" them the Soviet Union.

Yes, NATO is an alliance based on values and not just protection interests. But it is not a US-funded charity, and that is how it has been treated since the end of the Cold War by the majority of its members.And I am quite certain now that, Donald Trump has been elected the Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America, they won’t just be “talking” about it.

Actually they are smart enough to know that NATO will not exist without them, and nothing will change. Trump does not scare them.

But then, you are too often willing to give your god Trump the glory, and never the reproach.

So grumpy is a dreadful heathen because he suggests it might be better to aid foreigners in their home country with their political problem and you are the apple of God's eye because you look after your small collection of brothers.
Ok I get it.

As usual you don't. They are being killed in their home countries, Muslims, Christians, whomever.

The first "churches" of Christianity were made up of "small collections of brothers". Of course, that is just something else you are ignorant of, Church history.

Hopefully before he goes off on a spending spree someone may want to whisper the concept of asymmetric warfare to him and maybe advise the beefing up of counter insurgency and intelligence

He already has been. Won't stop him though:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/321395-retired-generals-urge-congress-to-fully-fund-diplomacy

"More than 120 retired generals and admirals are calling on Congress not to slash funding for diplomacy and foreign aid after the Trump administration said its budget proposal would do just that.

“As you and your colleagues address the federal budget for Fiscal Year 2018, we write as retired three and four star flag and general officers from all branches of the armed services to share our strong conviction that elevating and strengthening diplomacy and development alongside defense are critical to keeping America safe,” they wrote in a letter to congressional leaders Monday.

“We know from our service in uniform that many of the crises our nation faces do not have military solutions alone — from confronting violent extremist groups like ISIS [the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria] in the Middle East and North Africa to preventing pandemics like Ebola and stabilizing weak and fragile states that can lead to greater instability.”

Werbung:
The Yanks "gave" them the Soviet Union.

Actually they are smart enough to know that NATO will not exist without them, and nothing will change. Trump does not scare them.

But then, you are too often willing to give your god Trump the glory, and never the reproach.
Kudos maybe but no glory..

Back