Anyone remember Amature Olympics ?

dogtowner

Staff member
one more reason for me to tune out

they used to keep quiet about it, no more.

Russian gold medal winners at the Vancouver winter Olympics will be rewarded with 100,000 dollars as well as other top prizes, Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko announced Tuesday.

Mutko added that all Olympic champions would also receive a luxury car courtesy of the Olympic athletes support foundation along with a cash bonus from his or her sport's federation.

Werbung:
Clipped from the article: Russian gold medal winners at the Vancouver winter Olympics will be rewarded with 100,000 dollars as well as other top prizes, Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko announced Tuesday.

Ever wonder what happened to all of those 8-11 year old little girls that were forced into telling the lies that they were older then their real birth dates so that they could compete in the gymnastics...ever wonder what happened to all of those itty-bitty girls. Last I heard they are all so crippled up with horrible arthritis that they end up in an institution without anything but their basic needs being taken care of...so if this is truly what the Russians have resorted to and it isn't all just talk then they have come eons from where they were 10 years ago!

I watch because I'm still hopeful that our American Team will do our country proud and that this year there 'WON'T' be a doping scandal to mar the events...keeping my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Ever wonder what happened to all of those 8-11 year old little girls that were forced into telling the lies that they were older then their real birth dates so that they could compete in the gymnastics...ever wonder what happened to all of those itty-bitty girls. Last I heard they are all so crippled up with horrible arthritis that they end up in an institution without anything but their basic needs being taken care of...so if this is truly what the Russians have resorted to and it isn't all just talk then they have come eons from where they were 10 years ago!

I watch because I'm still hopeful that our American Team will do our country proud and that this year there 'WON'T' be a doping scandal to mar the events...keeping my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

do you also worry about all the American girls who stunt their growth by starting gymnastics so early and wind up hurt before they ever get a chance to even compete at regional events ?

gymnastics is a surprisingly brutal sport.

and yes, I know several such kids.

do you also worry about all the American girls who stunt their growth by starting gymnastics so early and wind up hurt before they ever get a chance to even compete at regional events ?

gymnastics is a surprisingly brutal sport.

and yes, I know several such kids.

Well, amazingly enough...gymnastics isn't as cruel/grueling as learning ballet and what it does to those delicate foot bones...but I've seen parents do some heinous things in all type of youth sporting events/tumbling/dance/soccer/bantee football leagues/even swim lessons...so yes it can be a great thing for our youth and then again it can be the worst thing for our children.

But fortunately for American girls the age for competing seems to be better regulated and more adhered too then the lies/cheating/State approved deception that takes place in RUSSIA.

Well, amazingly enough...gymnastics isn't as cruel/grueling as learning ballet and what it does to those delicate foot bones...but I've seen parents do some heinous things in all type of youth sporting events/tumbling/dance/soccer/bantee football leagues/even swim lessons...so yes it can be a great thing for our youth and then again it can be the worst thing for our children.

But fortunately for American girls the age for competing seems to be better regulated and more adhered too then the lies/cheating/State approved deception that takes place in RUSSIA.

no, its worse. ballet is mainly waist down.

no, its worse. ballet is mainly waist down.
True-true but your entire body mass is setting upon those toes/foot bones and that isn't the same as utilizing all of your body muscles...granted those events like the uneven bars are horrendous on those shoulder/elbow ligaments/tendons/hands.

But all that aside...will we make it a 'clean team' event and no doping/no penalties for illegal drugs...will our team be squeaky clean and all about fair play?

Werbung:
Back