Anti Wall st Protests

Aus22

All over the world, Anti Wall st protestors have been moved. Yesterday those camping near ST Paul's in London have been moved. They have been moved several times in Melbourne Australia from the City Square, to Parks and Gardens and Church lands. Do we really support the right to protest. Are we satisfied by the 1% gaining all the wealth. In the USA the Republican Romley pays only 15% tax while the rest of wage earner taxpayers pay much more.

Surely we have not forgotten how the protests of the past achived so much, The French and American Revolutions. The Anit Vietnam war protests and the attacks on racial segregation.
To allow the present generation to protest we much give them some spaceanti wall st protests 012.jpg

Werbung:
All over the world, Anti Wall st protestors have been moved. Yesterday those camping near ST Paul's in London have been moved. They have been moved several times in Melbourne Australia from the City Square, to Parks and Gardens and Church lands. Do we really support the right to protest. Are we satisfied by the 1% gaining all the wealth. In the USA the Republican Romley pays only 15% tax while the rest of wage earner taxpayers pay much more.

Surely we have not forgotten how the protests of the past achived so much, The French and American Revolutions. The Anit Vietnam war protests and the attacks on racial segregation.
To allow the present generation to protest we much give them some spaceView attachment 132

sure we do, but vagrants camping out and pooping everywhere but in toilets is not protesting.
in the US the Democrat Kerry paid 12% and please do not mistake marginal tax rate for what is actually paid.

the revolutions were civil wars and to compare the vietnam era or civil rights activities to this is apples and oranges. I was there, you'll have to take my word for it.

This is not about pissing on corpses it is about legitimate protest

You oppose the legitimacy because you are a right wing blind follower who doesn't agree with the protest and so attacks the right to protest.

The protesters are not vagrants and nor are they murdering bastards who went around burning women and children to death in a country that was not at war with the US

This is not about pissing on corpses it is about legitimate protest

You oppose the legitimacy because you are a right wing blind follower who doesn't agree with the protest and so attacks the right to protest.

The protesters are not vagrants and nor are they murdering bastards who went around burning women and children to death in a country that was not at war with the US

Not vagrants huh

A vagrant is "a person without a settled home or regular work who wanders from place to place and lives by begging;" vagrancy is the condition of such persons.

they're camping out on land they do n ot own or have permission of the owner, they're not working and almost from the start they were begging for money.

actually they give vagrants a bad name.

Lame

You have no data on the demographics of the protesters and most of them seem to me to be intelligent, peaceful protesters who are legitimately angered by the thieving antics of the rich who expect the poor to pay for their failures.

Funny how you lot hate free healthcare because you don't see why one person should subsidise another but you hate these people for protesting against exatcly that but in this case the transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich

Funny how you lot hate free healthcare because you don't see why one person should subsidise another but you hate these people for protesting against exatcly that but in this case the transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich

I know you want everything for free. You want someone else to support you rather than supporting yourself.

Did your Mommy ever tell you that nothing in life is free? Did your Mommy ever tell you that money does not grow on trees? Or how about this one, if it's free, it likely has little value.

Your wonderful welfare state is a complete and utter failure. Anyone capable of thinking knows this. You can't continue to expand the welfare state by taking from the productive and giving to the unproductive. It is a house of cards that ultimately collapses just as is occuring in Europe today...why can't you see this?

I knew this when I was 12 years old.

Do we really support the right to protest.
Yes. What we do not support is the destruction of private and public property, we do not support anarchy and lawlessness perpetrated under the guise of it being a "protest".

1% gaining all the wealth.
Entirely false.
In the USA the Republican Romley pays only 15% tax
That's the law. Anyone subject to capital gains taxes pays 15% on those earnings.

while the rest of wage earner taxpayers pay much more.
47% of those subject to the Progressive Income Tax pay nothing. Zero is a much lower rate than 15%.

To allow the present generation to protest we much give them some space
Then invite them over to your house.

Look, right wing politics appeals to our instincts which eveolved in the jungle

So it is very simple and appeals to the very simple as well as to those who see how the simple can be manipulated with it

We don't live in the jungle, we live in complex societies where we need cerebral politics to survive well.

The book The Spirit Level proves that the more equal a society the better it is for everyone.

Less violence, less drug and alcohol dependency, less pyschiatric disorder, lower prison populations etc etc

Guess which country in the western world is the least equal and has the most problems?

You got it

The USA

Now get back in your tyre and have a nice swing

Look, right wing politics appeals to our instincts which eveolved in the jungle

So it is very simple and appeals to the very simple as well as to those who see how the simple can be manipulated with it

We don't live in the jungle, we live in complex societies where we need cerebral politics to survive well.

The book The Spirit Level proves that the more equal a society the better it is for everyone.

Less violence, less drug and alcohol dependency, less pyschiatric disorder, lower prison populations etc etc

Guess which country in the western world is the least equal and has the most problems?

You got it

The USA

Now get back in your tyre and have a nice swing

when Daw suggests that his book "proves" lets just say that this is debatable.

when Daw suggests that his book "proves" lets just say that this is debatable.
This time I agree with Dawkinsrocks not dogtower. I come from a country, Australia which has a higher distribution of wealth than the USA. In fact we are one of the few countries not in recession.

However we still have too much wealth in a few hands the 1%. Most Australians pay over 30% in tax but the rich can still avoid a lot. income of directors have gone up hundreds of percentage even in Business that have falling profits.

I have visited the Anti Wall St Protestors here in Melbourne. They are not beggers , most like most Australian own their own houses , they simply want to squat near the city to join attention to their cause.
When I was young I took part in Anti Vietnam war protests in Melbourne marching with 100,000 others down the main street. I am a bit old to protest that way today but I wish the young generation have the same right as we had.

This time I agree with Dawkinsrocks not dogtower. I come from a country, Australia which has a higher distribution of wealth than the USA. In fact we are one of the few countries not in recession.

However we still have too much wealth in a few hands the 1%. Most Australians pay over 30% in tax but the rich can still avoid a lot. income of directors have gone up hundreds of percentage even in Business that have falling profits.

I have visited the Anti Wall St Protestors here in Melbourne. They are not beggers , most like most Australian own their own houses , they simply want to squat near the city to join attention to their cause.
When I was young I took part in Anti Vietnam war protests in Melbourne marching with 100,000 others down the main street. I am a bit old to protest that way today but I wish the young generation have the same right as we had.

can't speak for the folks in Oz but in following the reporting here they got into wanting money very early on.

I'm not following, you seem to suggest that your lovely country is doing pretty well but have the normal distribution of wealth. sounds like S.Korea who the authors of the study Daw referenced omitted from their research as it defied the results they sought.

back in the day did you and fellow protestors seek to squat indefinitely ? unless you folks were markedly different than here (yeah I remember those days well too) that was just not the case. moreover If you were like here the message was clear and concise. thats hardly been the case with OWS here.

Wall Street Occupiers Stab NYPD Officer, Surround Ambulance Trying To
Rush Him To The Hospital…

(NY Post) — Some 800 Occupy Wall Street protesters began the new
year by trying to retake Zuccotti Park last night, starting a massive
clash with police in which one officer was stabbed in the hand with a
pair of scissors.

A suspect was arrested in the 11:30 p.m. incident, according to a
law enforcement source.

Hundreds in the crowd of occupiers then surrounded the ambulance
as it tried to leave with the wounded officer, the source said.

The officer, who was not identified, was taken to Bellevue
Hospital in stable condition.

Dogtowner - have you read The Spirit Level?

You probably haven't. It is the work of a couple of people from Cambridge Univeristy and it gathers punlic domain data on all of those indeces of citizen well being

Drug abuse
Alcohol abuse
Prison population
Recidivism
Mental Health
Suicide
Stress and Anxiety

etc

It then plots these against the distribution of wealth in all of the countries in the western world and what comes out is this

The actual wealth of your nation is much less important to citizen wellbeing than the distribution of the wealth

So rich countries like Japan that are wealthy but quite equal have much happier and healthier citizens than the US which is welathy but very unequal

Sweden is ralatively poor but still very happy because there is great equality wheras poor Portugal's citizens fare really badly and the wealth is very unequally spread

The book is very sober and very testable - read it and see if you can fault it

I couldn't.

The US is the worst country in the western world for inequality and for citizen well being

But then a walk down the streets of Baltimore would tell you that

Werbung:
Oh and I have met protesters at a camp and they are very intelligent civilised people who have just had enough of the financial rape committed by the bankers again and again

Back