another fine example of socialize medicine

dogtowner

Staff member
I had to check if it was the Onion too

girl dies from TB as docs thought she was lovesick. this despite her having had TB two years earlier. I kid you not

Mr Sarag also claimed Dr Pandit refused to test his daughter for TB.
He told the inquest: "He said, 'We don't need these tests, we are not going to get them done either.'

"As you tried to progress he just totally changed the subject."

Mr Sarag - who is also being treated for TB - told the inquest his daughter vomited up to 10 times a day and had to be carried to bed "like an old woman with weak legs".

He added that he made more than 50 phone calls to the GP's surgery in Birmingham but Dr Pandit failed to return his calls.

Mr Sarag said: "There was mass neglect. The medical profession, as soon as they mess up they hide."

Alina first contracted TB in 2009 after a girl at her school was diagnosed with the illness.
She was prescribed a course of antibiotics at Birmingham Chest Clinic but medical staff never followed up her treatment.

Alina was struck down again in July 2010 after returning from a trip to Pakistan with her family.
The inquest heard a simple phlegm test would have shown Alina was suffering from TB but this was never carried out.

Instead, doctors shrugged off her family's concerns and told them Alina was suffering from a chest infection despite being classed as a "high risk" patient.

Werbung:
I didn’t see in the story what kind of insurance she had. If she had government insurance like welfare or whatever I can see blaming them because they are way cheaper in helping government paid clients. But if she had private insurance then it might have been the insurance that refused paying for the test?

I didn’t see in the story what kind of insurance she had. If she had government insurance like welfare or whatever I can see blaming them because they are way cheaper in helping government paid clients. But if she had private insurance then it might have been the insurance that refused paying for the test?

I suppose but I doubt a phelgm test for a patient who has already had TB would get covered. Its mainly a doc issue as I see it and probably a glimpse at how muslims see women.

So at least one doctor and his whole office were negligent in England. Additionally, the family for whatever reason failed to get a second opinion. Are they allowed to in England?

Werbung:
Back