Another Bad-News Day, For "conservatives"

Werbung:
I'm curious what brilliance this based on? Because the slap on the wrist system is sure to work wonders on murders, drug dealers, rapists, etc. That's right, I forgot they are misunderstood. They committed crimes because daddy was to harsh on them when they were 4, and mommy didn't show them enough attention.

The recidivism rate for convicted criminals who get the death penalty, is zero.

Seems to work pretty well, to me. Better than criminals who get any other penalties, in fact.

(Get ready for the usual hysterical replies such as "I suppose you want the death penalty for jaywalking then, huh? huh?" Pardon me if I don't bother debunking them)

Maybe a little dose of right wing propaganda from Faux News or hate radio will give the real truth.....have you received your marching orders from your leader Porky Limbaugh yet today?

Yeah, How ever did you guess? Unlike some people I am capable of thinking for myself as well as looking things up for myself. I don't need to get a daily e-mail notification from moveon.org, acorn, or my local community activist.

Is it "conservative" to support the death penalty?

Why? What is so conservative about that? Aren't conservatives supposed to be leery of government power? Isn't the ability to decide whether someone lives or dies giving the government more power?

It seems to me that the death penalty is a liberal value, as they're the ones who like powerful government. Moreover, the cost of the death penalty shouldn't bother liberals, who are the ones who like big taxes and big governments. The conservatives would be the ones more likely to support a less expensive method of dealing with criminals, wouldn't they?

So, how is a story against the death penalty a "bad day for conservatives?" That makes no sense at all.

Maybe a little dose of right wing propaganda from Faux News or hate radio will give the real truth.....have you received your marching orders from your leader Porky Limbaugh yet today?

In your view, what has "porky limbaugh" said that qualifies as 'hate radio'?

Is it anything like

"Agreed, but the Republican party is completely devoid of ideas, not to mention stars. They're a pathetic bunch that cares little for America and actually appears to be proud of their bigotry and ignorance"

"Joe the Plumber? You mean the mentally challenged fool who wasn't even a licensed plumber and owed the state of Ohio back taxes, that Joe?"

"Your suggestions involve not putting aside petty differences, but going over to Faux News and joining some right wing cult led by a crying nut case.

I've got an idea, why don't you and the rest of the sore losers get behind this president until the economy is back on it's feet?..That would truly be putting aside petty differences for the good of America. "

"More evidence of how the backwoods superstitious thinking of the religious fundies is dragging us down."

Seems a bit hateful...
Of course all these quotes, and many more I remember but haven't found yet, are all from none other than yourself.

So tell me, how much more hateful is Rush Limbaugh, than yourself? And what makes you think you have any credibility on the subject?

Why? What is so conservative about that? Aren't conservatives supposed to be leery of government power? Isn't the ability to decide whether someone lives or dies giving the government more power?

It seems to me that the death penalty is a liberal value, as they're the ones who like powerful government. Moreover, the cost of the death penalty shouldn't bother liberals, who are the ones who like big taxes and big governments. The conservatives would be the ones more likely to support a less expensive method of dealing with criminals, wouldn't they?

So, how is a story against the death penalty a "bad day for conservatives?" That makes no sense at all.

Typically, the unconstrained view of man, believes that man is capable of rising to near perfection. That simply by educating and behavior modification, can be made better than we are. Further, the unconstrained view, typically does not hold onto absolutes, or a defined belief in right and wrong. Nor does it believe that man has an inherent tendency toward evil, and must be 'constrained' by punishment against those actions.

Thus, in general, a liberal view point is that the reason people do bad things is because of environment, or society, or because of other injustice that caused them to do the things they did. These people need to helped, and given education, and rehabilitation, and government assistance to become better people. Plus, since nothing is absolutely right, or absolutely wrong, then who are we to judge someone else?

The constrained view of man, believes that man will never be able to achieve perfection. That although we should strive to be the best people possible, there are certain inherent evils of mankind that will never be eliminated. This view also holds that there are absolutes in the world, that are always wrong and should always be punished.

In general a conservative point of view, is the penal system is to rightly punish those who do evil in the world. And given the ultimate evil of taking the life of the innocent, the only right punishment is to have their life taken from them, and also make certain that this person will never have to chance to take another life.

To get to the politics of it, the conservative view is that the "Rule of Law" is above even the government. That one of the governmental duties is to enforce the law to it's fullest. Now if we wish for a law to be changed, that's for political debate. But once on the books, the rule of law should be applied.

The liberal view of the law, is that it's simply a tool of the government to be applied at their own discretion. For example, when FBI files were found in the hands of Nixon aides, they were prosecuted. When they were found in the hands of Clinton aides, they were ignored.

More specifically as it relates to the death penalty, liberals see hindering justice as a means to advance their agenda. Rampant crime has been used as a political football for increased spending consistently for the past. New programs for publicly funded GED for convicts, government assistance after parole, and of course more prisons and more police officers for a more and more out of control criminal element.

Consider this, what was the first publicity stunt for the Stealfromus package? It supposedly saved the jobs of a couple of police officers in Columbus Ohio, remember?

The death penalty has again reared its head in a bill in Alaska. I dont think it has any viability in this legislative session, as there are more than enough things on the Legs plates, including actually accepting the stimulus money that the Governor shamefully said basically no to it for her own gain and grandstanding as an actual Conservative.

But either way, I am of the overall though that if the death penalty is to be used, that the guilty party be subjected to punishment at the earliest possible time. Meaning, that if there is no question as the guilt of the defendant, there seems little reason to drag on the process of delivering the punishment.

While I have some concerns about the death penalty overall, if we are going to have it as an option, we might as well use it concisely.

The recidivism rate for convicted criminals who get the death penalty, is zero.
.....Especially for the innocent-ones, right?

:rolleyes:

(Get ready for the usual hysterical replies such as "I suppose you want the death penalty for jaywalking then, huh? huh?" Pardon me if I don't bother debunking them)
No.....we pretty-much leave such sophomoric-responses up to Dead-O-Heads and other such "conservatives". (As you've demonstrated.)

:rolleyes:

Werbung:

Suuuuuuure......let's do your lil' dance.....

I thought "conservatives" were Pro-Life?

Back