And What Of God?

Old_Trapper70

I feel sorry for many of you, and your families, who claim to be Christians, and yet follow none of the precepts of Christ. Christmas is coming, and all of you will be filled with the hype of claiming to trust in God, and demeaning the Atheist for the "War on Christmas", and your usual BS. But, what does God say about it?

Amos 5: 20-24
“Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it? I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.”

But hey, that is only God speaking. No reason for you to pay attention. In fact, God had a few choice words about electing someone like Trump, but that made no difference to pagans like you who only use God as a pawn in your own scheme of things. Really now, what is the difference between you, and those you say you hate:

Romans 1: 28-32

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

Actually, there is no difference.

Werbung:
I’m not a big one for naming and shaming. I feel like it separates more than it helps. So, speaking in general terms: there are a lot of jerks who claim Christ and talk a good game, but do some really crazy, un-Jesus-like junk.
So,
I tend to trust people who don’t look and talk all that ”religious” on the outside, but in whom I regularly see the love of Christ, rather than those who talk a lot of religious mumbo-jumbo (no matter how accurate) but act like jack-holes.

I’m not a big one for naming and shaming. I feel like it separates more than it helps. So, speaking in general terms: there are a lot of jerks who claim Christ and talk a good game, but do some really crazy, un-Jesus-like junk.
So,
I tend to trust people who don’t look and talk all that ”religious” on the outside, but in whom I regularly see the love of Christ, rather than those who talk a lot of religious mumbo-jumbo (no matter how accurate) but act like jack-holes.

And yet you voted for Trump. Is that not hypocrisy of the worse kind? It is amazing to me how you claim to have this relationship with Christ, yet have this ability to avoid doing as He taught:

1Corinthians 5: 11"

"But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one."

As to Trumps "salvation" moment:

James 2: 17-20

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

Shun him, not make him President

And yet you voted for Trump. Is that not hypocrisy of the worse kind? It is amazing to me how you claim to have this relationship with Christ, yet have this ability to avoid doing as He taught:

1Corinthians 5: 11"

"But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one."

As to Trumps "salvation" moment:

James 2: 17-20

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

Shun him, not make him President
What you call Hypocrisy, I call Discernment..In Christianity, the word may have several meanings. It can be used to describe the process of determining God's desire in a situation or for one's life or identifying the true nature of a thing such as discerning between good and evil.

What you call Hypocrisy, I call Discernment..In Christianity, the word may have several meanings. It can be used to describe the process of determining God's desire in a situation or for one's life or identifying the true nature of a thing such as discerning between good and evil.

Sorry, you still chose evil in spite of your "discernment". Then too, that is based on Gods word which you work awfully hard to avoid, or find excuses for disobeying.

Sorry, you still chose evil in spite of your "discernment". Then too, that is based on Gods word which you work awfully hard to avoid, or find excuses for disobeying.
I don't think he's evil, you do.. While in the Marines I saw evil, Trumps not evil..As far as i'm concerned, if your words came with a little compassion or respect for others here, they might carry a little more weight with me. All I see is someone looking to find fault in whatever he sees..

I don't think he's evil, you do.. While in the Marines I saw evil, Trumps not evil..As far as i'm concerned, if your words came with a little compassion or respect for others here, they might carry a little more weight with me. All I see is someone looking to find fault in whatever he sees..

He is as far as God is concerned, and that is all that matters me. Evidently not to you though.

And I see we are back to you judging me again.

I feel sorry for many of you, and your families, who claim to be Christians, and yet follow none of the precepts of Christ. Christmas is coming, and all of you will be filled with the hype of claiming to trust in God, and demeaning the Atheist for the "War on Christmas", and your usual BS. But, what does God say about it?

Amos 5: 20-24
“Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it? I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.”

But hey, that is only God speaking. No reason for you to pay attention. In fact, God had a few choice words about electing someone like Trump, but that made no difference to pagans like you who only use God as a pawn in your own scheme of things. Really now, what is the difference between you, and those you say you hate:

Romans 1: 28-32

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

Actually, there is no difference.
You do realize that God’s concerns, then, had little or nothing to do with the quality of their offerings or their belief. It had to do with their character—with their hearts. They could do nothing to please God until they resolved the “HEART” issue.

He is as far as God is concerned, and that is all that matters me. Evidently not to you though.

And I see we are back to you judging me again.
Are you OK? How did I judge you, I just stated what I see.. There is not one person on this thread that has disagreed with you that you haven't judged.. I'm an adult and I can see this relationship is going nowhere.. From here on out I will respond if I think I should, or if there is something I think I could add to the conversation.. The rest of this is just crap for the lack of a better word..

Werbung:
Are you OK? How did I judge you, I just stated what I see.. There is not one person on this thread that has disagreed with you that you haven't judged.. I'm an adult and I can see this relationship is going nowhere.. From here on out I will respond if I think I should, or if there is something I think I could add to the conversation.. The rest of this is just crap for the lack of a better word..

That's funny. When you try to denigrate me it is "I just stated what I see". However, when I correct others according to what I see, it is judging.

Funny little hypocrite you are.

Back