An interesting thing happened in DC last year

I'm in complete agreement with Dogtowner here...

How would you feel about our government making people take classes to get a license in order to exercise their right to free speech? How about making people take classes and register with the government in order to participate in online forums and blogs? Or the same with Religion? Or any of our other rights?

When you need permission from the government to exercise a right, it ceases to be a right protected by government and becomes a privilege granted by government.

Well if you put it that way :)

It does though seem like asking for trouble if every one is packing a gun but I am probably saying that due to conditioning from society

Werbung:
"Shall not be infringed". But I'll sooner live with licensing that general licensing. As to classes, see the 2nd amendment.

Registering does not infringe anymore than a background check does.

Any person legally allowed to own a firearm can still own a firearm.

Remember the intent was to allow people to be armed as a "well regulated" militia. To be able to protect the country.

This proves once again that gun control promotes crime. The proof has been known for years, but the sad part is the left consistently ignores the truth.

And their loyal followers fully accept the lies put out by elitist liberals in the media and government.

It must be a terrible existence to believe whatever the liberal elites tell you. They are mindless useful idiots. They will gladly give up their rights if told to do so.

You cannot just lump the entire left wing under liberalism, which is more center-right than left. I support gun ownership because if someone was trying to kill me, I can't exactly call the cops. Anyone who wants to define the left must realise that the far-left wants to fully arm the working class.

Fact is, people get more poite if they don't know if you are carrying or not.

I agree, you are right.

But then thoughts come to my mind like over christmas. There was a sale and the people shoved and walked over eachother. A walmart employee died trying to keep a pregnant woman from being a door mat.

When so many people have this sort of mindset I cant help but worry some.
The idea of just anyone and everyone being able to carry a gun is disturbing. Though the idea of people who have been checked out, no record and no reason to think they wont be responsible does not.

a lot of People are not decent today like they used to be even back just 50 years ago.

gun bans always equal to less crime....infact will someone please post a link to the countless studies that prove gun bans reduce crime?...

if nobody can find any, just hide the decline. or flip the numbers.

Well if you put it that way :)

It does though seem like asking for trouble if every one is packing a gun but I am probably saying that due to conditioning from society

Any individual that violates the rights of another, loses his rights. Its only those people who should have their rights downgraded to privileges which can be granted, or taken, by government.

I agree, you are right.

But then thoughts come to my mind like over christmas. There was a sale and the people shoved and walked over eachother. A walmart employee died trying to keep a pregnant woman from being a door mat.

When so many people have this sort of mindset I cant help but worry some.
The idea of just anyone and everyone being able to carry a gun is disturbing. Though the idea of people who have been checked out, no record and no reason to think they wont be responsible does not.

a lot of People are not decent today like they used to be even back just 50 years ago.

about the same time gun bans started being talked about ? :D

Any individual that violates the rights of another, loses his rights. Its only those people who should have their rights downgraded to privileges which can be granted, or taken, by government.

Exactly. And it galls me no end that these rights can be restored.

If you choose to be a felon, you choose to forfeit your rights as a citizen.

Fact is, people get more poite if they don't know if you are carrying or not.

And it's also true that people that would normally only get into a fist fight due to passion of the moment, hot headedness, or being inebriated or high tend to escalate to the gun if it's on their person.

So it's a double edge sword. And that's coming from someone that used to have a concealed carry permit because I carried bank when I owned my body shops.

There are also severe liability issues to consider both from a being sued perspective and from a criminal charges perspective.

Many things that one might think they could intervene with a firearm for they absolutely cannot legally do. A good example is a broken off attack. Say you get into a situation where you or a friend or a stranger is getting beat senseless and the attackers at some point stop to leave and you pull out a gun and shot them... that's illegal... the attack had been halted and it's you that has escalated the altercation from a fist fight to use of a deadly weapon.

Some people become cowboys or think they can act as the police... they are not and cannot.

That's exactly why a very sobering gun laws education should be required to ever carry a gun in public as with a concealed carry permit.

And it's also true that people that would normally only get into a fist fight due to passion of the moment, hot headedness, or being inebriated or high tend to escalate to the gun if it's on their person.

So it's a double edge sword. And that's coming from someone that used to have a concealed carry permit because I carried bank when I owned my body shops.

There are also severe liability issues to consider both from a being sued perspective and from a criminal charges perspective.

Many things that one might think they could intervene with a firearm for they absolutely cannot legally do. A good example is a broken off attack. Say you get into a situation where you or a friend or a stranger is getting beat senseless and the attackers at some point stop to leave and you pull out a gun and shot them... that's illegal... the attack had been halted and it's you that has escalated the altercation from a fist fight to use of a deadly weapon.

Some people become cowboys or think they can act as the police... they are not and cannot.

That's exactly why a very sobering gun laws education should be required to ever carry a gun in public as with a concealed carry permit.

you are, of course, entitled to your opinion but history does not support your feelings.

The red herrings here are starting to smell like the cannery at low tide.

First of all, crime has been down all across the country. Which is great news! Especially violent crime, now it seems the right wants to politicize this as some sort of victory that more guns cause less violence yet have zero evidence to back up that claim.

Why didnt violent crime go down in the years after the Brady Bill sunset?

Maybe crime went down because Obama was in office.

You cannot just lump the entire left wing under liberalism, which is more center-right than left. I support gun ownership because if someone was trying to kill me, I can't exactly call the cops. Anyone who wants to define the left must realise that the far-left wants to fully arm the working class.

The far left wants to arm the working class??? Really?

Can you cite proof of this?

Werbung:
Back