An interesting thing happened in DC last year

John Lott proved that more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens leads to less crime. He book clearly and concisely proves this. Of course, left wingers ignore the facts.

0226493644.jpeg

If you claimed 100 years ago that guns cause crime and the government must confiscate guns from law abiding citizens, you would be roundly proclaimed a fool. Unfortunately in the age of liberalism, many Americans have no common sense.

Here is the Colt Peacemaker first developed in 1873. Can you image a gun manufacturer using the term "Peacemaker" today? Some NYU scumbag left wing radical lawyer would probably sue them for using that term and probably win in some scumbag left wing court.
300px-1956prime2.jpg

Werbung:
Lets see...the gun ban ends and homicides drop to 45 year low. Oh, it had nothing to do with the gun ban...not one bit...no way....no how...

It was the Lib WaPo that reported this yes? Do you think that might have something to do with how they reported these amazing results? No way says the liberal...

Oh please cup cakes, your 100% pure choice liberal. I am beginning to think you really do live in the Land of Oz.

Actually this was cmmentary, not news.

Actually this was cmmentary, not news.

It wouldn't matter DogTown...this good news just generates more of one side yelling at the 'LIBERAL LEFT' instead of just being happy about the decrease in homcides, even in the NYC area...so if they aren't estatic about the GOODNESS of this news then they just have to find something to be 'STUPIDLY UNHAPPY ABOUT'...and they did ;)

:)

You are probably more center than most leaning left at the HOP

just like Billy Jack :)

Well as I've said before I'm a gun owner and I also have few good friends that are cops so I try and see all perspectives.

A gun in your home is your property on your property, a pretty controled environment if you have enough sense to always handle and secure a firearm as just what it is... a deadly weapon.

But I'm also for the strictest background checks and quick disqualifacations for anyone with mental health issues, a violent crime conviction on their record or while out on bond or with a restraining order place on them. And I also have no problem with guns being registered just like we do automobiles, motorcycles or any number of other things.

And don't even get me started about having possession of a gun during a crime. That's a no plea bargin extra 10 to 20 years in my book even if the gun played no part in the crime at all.

Here's part of what's left my prized collection although I keep it out at the family farm now and not at my home. It's a Dan Wesson 357 pistol pack with all the interchangeable barrels. Worth over a grand.;)

Well as I've said before I'm a gun owner and I also have few good friends that are cops so I try and see all perspectives.

A gun in your home is your property on your property, a pretty controled environment if you have enough sense to always handle and secure a firearm as just what it is... a deadly weapon.

But I'm also for the strictest background checks and quick disqualifacations for anyone with mental health issues, a violent crime conviction on their record or while out on bond or with a restraining order place on them. And I also have no problem with guns being registered just like we do automobiles, motorcycles or any number of other things.

And don't even get me started about having possession of a gun during a crime. That's a no plea bargin extra 10 to 20 years in my book even if the gun played no part in the crime at all.

Here's part of what's left my prized collection although I keep it out at the family farm now and not at my home. It's a Dan Wesson 357 pistol pack with all the interchangeable barrels. Worth over a grand.;)

Again I agree with you on everything you said. I dont want a crazy violent person who has done time having a gun either :)

Again I agree with you on everything you said. I dont want a crazy violent person who has done time having a gun either :)

And how does registration help this ?

You realize that violent crazy people buy weapons every day on the black market.

Registration only serves to identify law abiding people and for what reason ?

You realize that violent crazy people buy weapons every day on the black market.

I can answer that for my friend Pan.

The fact is that violent crazy people and people that break the law in general often do so repeatedly. For obvious reasons they are also much less likely to register their guns.

With registration laws what often happens is a violent crazy person gets caught for some small minor crime but the fact they have an unregistered gun makes it a BIG crime. They then get much more serious jail time taking them off the streets... and of course lose that gun.

In addition registration with a title on the gun so to speak would also halt a common practice of criminals with records being able to use front people with clean records to buy guns for them... because if that gun is transfered without proper paperwork and background check the seller has legal liability.

Violent crazies will get a gun on the black market I agree but that doesnt mean we should make it easy for them to just buy them. The laws make it harder for them and the consequences should be heavy if they do.

I do worry about gun registration leading to the taking away of the peoples guns, but I also dont want people who are convicted violent criminals exc to have easy access to them. I am happy with a compromise if one exists.

Violent crazies will get a gun on the black market I agree but that doesnt mean we should make it easy for them to just buy them. The laws make it harder for them and the consequences should be heavy if they do.

I do worry about gun registration leading to the taking away of the peoples guns, but I also dont want people who are convicted violent criminals exc to have easy access to them. I am happy with a compromise if one exists.

background checks, sure. registration, no thanks. it accomplishes nothing.

You make a good point. I just put the two together because they seem to have come together. Probably no need for the regestering to own

what about concealed carry? do you think someone should regester for that and take special classed exc. ??

"Shall not be infringed". But I'll sooner live with licensing that general licensing. As to classes, see the 2nd amendment.

And notice how the major lib media is NOT reporting this? It does not fit the lib template. You would think lowest total number of homicides in 45 years for make national news. But, you would be wrong.

Liberalism is such a dreadful disease. Poor libs, they don't know that everything they know...is wrong.:)

I shall pray for them tonight just after I pray for the death of liberalism.:D

JOKE
Why do libs want to out law guns for the law abiding? Because libs will never own guns because they are afraid if they did, they would shoot themselves. :eek:

COme to MN, the Liberals are armed, we hunt...and unlike republican VP's don't shoot others in the face! Unless we aimed there

:)

You are probably more center than most leaning left at the HOP

just like Billy Jack :)

I could care less if they have semi auto rifles, let alone pistols. I supported the making people able to get a conceal and carry permit for Handguns in MN...I must be a radical right winger then right?

see thing is, you guys lump all of the left as hating guns, failing to note...most liberals don't hate guns.

Guns don't shoot people, Dick Cheney Shoots people

what about concealed carry? do you think someone should regester for that and take special classed exc. ??

I'm in complete agreement with Dogtowner here...

How would you feel about our government making people take classes to get a license in order to exercise their right to free speech? How about making people take classes and register with the government in order to participate in online forums and blogs? Or the same with Religion? Or any of our other rights?

When you need permission from the government to exercise a right, it ceases to be a right protected by government and becomes a privilege granted by government.

Werbung:
I'm in complete agreement with Dogtowner here...

How would you feel about our government making people take classes to get a license in order to exercise their right to free speech? How about making people take classes and register with the government in order to participate in online forums and blogs? Or the same with Religion? Or any of our other rights?

When you need permission from the government to exercise a right, it ceases to be a right protected by government and becomes a privilege granted by government.
Agreed. We can see easily the result of the government involved with educating anyone on anything simply by the abysmal performance (overall, exceptions noted) of our government school system.

And yes, a big part of the problem is that we've allowed government to convince us they need to allow the free exercise of rights. Ties in nicely with the "good little citizen" policy, educated just enough to wipe your nose but not enough to understand the proper balance.

For too many Americans, the right to free speech seems to be the only one they view as important.

Back