An interesting thing happened in DC last year

dogtowner

Staff member
the handgun ban was removed and homicides plumeted to their lowest levels in 45 years

imagine that ! people get a lot more civil when they dont know if you ae packing or not.

I invite readers to undertake a brief thought experiment with me. The Jan. 1 front-page article "Homicide totals in 2009 plummet in District, Prince George's" reported that the District has just experienced its lowest total number of homicides in 45 years. This was also the first full year after the D.C. handgun ban was found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, and therefore the first year that city residents were able to maintain handguns legally in their homes.

The thought experiment is this: If the numbers had, tragically, gone the other way, and 2009 had the highest number of murders in nearly a half-century, imagine the hue and cry that would have gone up from opponents of Second Amendment rights. There can be no doubt that The Post's editorial page would have cried ominously that the increase was linked to the court decision, and anti-gun activists of all stripes would have been hysterical.

More disturbing still is that the article made no mention of the Heller decision. Surely, regardless of one's political opinions, it is reasonable to expect that a news article focused on a remarkable and startling change in the homicide rate would at least mention the landmark ruling that led to the only significant change in the District landscape in 2009.

Werbung:
And notice how the major lib media is NOT reporting this? It does not fit the lib template. You would think lowest total number of homicides in 45 years for make national news. But, you would be wrong.

Liberalism is such a dreadful disease. Poor libs, they don't know that everything they know...is wrong.:)

I shall pray for them tonight just after I pray for the death of liberalism.:D

JOKE
Why do libs want to out law guns for the law abiding? Because libs will never own guns because they are afraid if they did, they would shoot themselves. :eek:

Yeah it is sad but not shocking. They only report on stuff that will help the liberal cause of government lording over us.

This proves once again that gun control promotes crime. The proof has been known for years, but the sad part is the left consistently ignores the truth.

And their loyal followers fully accept the lies put out by elitist liberals in the media and government.

It must be a terrible existence to believe whatever the liberal elites tell you. They are mindless useful idiots. They will gladly give up their rights if told to do so.

This proves once again that gun control promotes crime. The proof has been known for years, but the sad part is the left consistently ignores the truth.

And their loyal followers fully accept the lies put out by elitist liberals in the media and government.

It must be a terrible existence to believe whatever the liberal elites tell you. They are mindless useful idiots. They will gladly give up their rights if told to do so.

We could tell before the ban was lifted by all the states near DC having low gun crime, but that will be as logical as the new findings to those who dont like logic. Liberals go with feelings, like how scary looking guns are worse than non scary looking guns.

If I wanted to kill or rob someone, I wouldnt have to have a gun

Interesting the way in which a 'SELECT FEW' either don't read what they posted as an interesting article about the drop in Homicide or that they ASSume that they can spin it into something that it is not...GOOD GRIEF you people just make me ROTFLMAO

Clipped from your very own article: Lanier attributed the drop in the District to two overall strategies: targeting violent repeat offenders and strengthening ties in the community so detectives could get information quickly to make arrests.
Police maintain databases of gang members and their affiliations, so if violence flares up in a neighborhood, officers are deployed to a rival neighborhood to head off retaliation.
Every morning, Lanier and members of her top staff receive e-mails detailing which gangs are feuding, which students are fighting in schools and which locations have had reports of gunfire. Every other week, they get a "go-go report" of where bands are playing because authorities say the concerts often bring together feuding gangs.
Homicide detectives closed about 75 percent of their cases last year, far surpassing previous years and the national average.

In the world of 'hypothetical/make believe and just MAKE SH!T up' YOU PEOPLE are the best at what you do and you do it so well :cool:

Interesting the way in which a 'SELECT FEW' either don't read what they posted as an interesting article about the drop in Homicide or that they ASSume that they can spin it into something that it is not...GOOD GRIEF you people just make me ROTFLMAO

In the world of 'hypothetical/make believe and just MAKE SH!T up' YOU PEOPLE are the best at what you do and you do it so well :cool:

See?

Liberals ignore the obvious and try to make up sh*t. They just can't accept that more guns means less crime. Ignorance is a terrible thing.

See?

Liberals ignore the obvious and try to make up sh*t. They just can't accept that more guns means less crime. Ignorance is a terrible thing.

WHO YOU CALLING A "LIBERAL"...:confused:

Take that back...I'm a Centrist with a few left leaning thoughts...LMAO

And I'll stack my SH!T up against your 'make believe SH!T' any old day and the proof is right there in this article...it doesn't state anywhere in here that the reason that the crime rate dropped was from the gun ban being lifted...but SPIN ON YOU WONDERFUL DIZZY GROUP...SPIN ON...it gives me much JOY to just post the PROOF that you all provided ;)

Lets see...the gun ban ends and homicides drop to 45 year low. Oh, it had nothing to do with the gun ban...not one bit...no way....no how...

It was the Lib WaPo that reported this yes? Do you think that might have something to do with how they reported these amazing results? No way says the liberal...

Oh please cup cakes, your 100% pure choice liberal. I am beginning to think you really do live in the Land of Oz.

Lets see...the gun ban ends and homicides drop to 45 year low. Oh, it had nothing to do with the gun ban...not one bit...no way....no how...

It was the Lib WaPo that reported this yes? Do you think that might have something to do with how they reported these amazing results? No way says the liberal...

Oh please cup cakes, your 100% pure choice liberal. I am beginning to think you really do live in the Land of Oz.

Hmmm...read the article 'Oh SWEET CHEEKS' :D and show me the stats that prove your point or just go back to that old rocking chair and sit & spin away...you seem to be picking up speed so that will make you an expert at the 'SPIN CYCLE'...LMAO

Crime rate dropped but what is interesting to me is the gun ban lovers always said it was the gun ban that kept crime as low as it was and without it crime would skyrocket worse than ever.

Either way they were wrong. We knew they were and they should at least be able to admit that letting Americans have their second amendment rights does not cause more crime.

WHO YOU CALLING A "LIBERAL"...:confused:

Take that back...I'm a Centrist with a few left leaning thoughts...LMAO

And I'll stack my SH!T up against your 'make believe SH!T' any old day and the proof is right there in this article...it doesn't state anywhere in here that the reason that the crime rate dropped was from the gun ban being lifted...but SPIN ON YOU WONDERFUL DIZZY GROUP...SPIN ON...it gives me much JOY to just post the PROOF that you all provided ;)

Well I'm certainly glad to see the Right is proclaiming that the lifting of this particular ban is the answer to crime!:D

Because all it did was allow a handgun to be in a persons home... nothing more. But I'm guessing those proclaiming this some great breakthrough never actually read the original ban so they also had no idea what the overturning of it really even meant.

The DC ban obviously went too far. I have no problem at all with throughly background checked law abiding adult citizen owning weapons and keeping them in their home or for hunting or sporting activities. NOTE: DC will also implement a registry.

The existing ban requires those authorized to carry a weapon—like security guards—to have a license, and it prohibits loaded guns from being kept in one's home. The Heller decision didn't nullify the entire policy. Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier told reporters that the ruling only addressed handguns kept in the home and that the city would likely open a gun registry within the next few weeks, as well as give away free gun-safety locks to anyone who registers a weapon. The ruling will also require officials elsewhere to restructure policies. Chicago, for one, has a similar ban on handguns that will be affected.

D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty is now tasked with lifting the city's ban and coordinating new policies with law enforcement to deal with the legality of handguns in D.C., a city with one of America's highest crime rates. (Although the ruling only applies to handguns in the home, carrying a concealed weapon is still illegal without authorization.) In an exclusive interview, Fenty spoke to NEWSWEEK's Daniel Stone about the ruling and the city's plans to comply.

Werbung:
Back