al-Qaida number 2 killed

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
Yep one more win for Obama...Just think what we could have done had we not went into Iraq and actually focused on them years ago when Bush was in office....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/27/atiyah-abd-al-rahman-al-qaeda-dead_n_939009.html

WASHINGTON — U.S. and Pakistani officials said Saturday that al-Qaida's second-in-command, Atiyah Abd al-Rahman, has been killed in Pakistan, delivering another big blow to a terrorist group that the U.S. believes to be on the verge of defeat.

Al-Rahman was killed Monday in the lawless Pakistani tribal region of Waziristan, according to a senior administration official who insisted on anonymity to discuss intelligence issues.

A Pakistani intelligence official said al-Rahman died in a U.S. missile strike in Machi Khel village in North Waziristan on Monday.

Werbung:
If I had a dollar for every number one or two killed I would be rich.

Under President Bush and obama

I want to know who is now the head dude so when someone else besides him gets killed they cant say they got the head guy!

and another one bites the dust.

So, we got Bin Laden, now this "second in command", who is next? Let's shoot him and go home.

OK this is a name I know and he has been the number two guy behind ben laden from the start, the guy they got, i never heard of.

If they get Zawahiri I am going to be very happy

So, that's the guy to shoot. Let's get him and go home.

How many #2 guys are there, anyway?

Zawahiri is not the number 2 , he is the new number one..since Bin Laden is dead. Zawahiri is basically the brains of the group, Bin Laden the leader...But the good thing is Zawahiri is not the inspirational leader Bin Laden was, also there are some within al Qaida that may not be as likey to follow him. He was the leader of Egyption Jihad group that helped form al Quida in the late 80's ( 88 or 89 depending on sources) Some of the lower level commanders and foot solders are more likely to trust those from the Arab peninsula ( Yemen and Saud Arabia.)

But now that he has had his time as number 1...its time to see who is next :)

Zawahiri is not the number 2 , he is the new number one..since Bin Laden is dead. Zawahiri is basically the brains of the group, Bin Laden the leader...But the good thing is Zawahiri is not the inspirational leader Bin Laden was, also there are some within al Qaida that may not be as likey to follow him. He was the leader of Egyption Jihad group that helped form al Quida in the late 80's ( 88 or 89 depending on sources) Some of the lower level commanders and foot solders are more likely to trust those from the Arab peninsula ( Yemen and Saud Arabia.)

But now that he has had his time as number 1...its time to see who is next :)

They are going to kill another nobody and claim him high up like they did for the guy you posted about that no one ever heard of and the numerous guys they have killed and called them high up. Both President Bush and obama's administration have done this.

They are going to kill another nobody and claim him high up like they did for the guy you posted about that no one ever heard of and the numerous guys they have killed and called them high up. Both President Bush and obama's administration have done this.

because you have not heard of them, does not make them lower ranking or anything...it just means you don't follow them it as much. The reason you don't know him is he is not a household name as he just took over the 2 position a short while after Bin Laden was killed.. If you went just by who people know, there is only 3 al Qaida leaders anyone knows anything about in the main stream..Bin laden...Zawahiri...and KSM...He was not only a explosive expert and considered a Islamic scholar ( Bin Laden actually lacked in that area) worked with Bin Laden since the early 80s and was in charge of there Ops in Iran for some time as well.

because you have not heard of them, does not make them lower ranking or anything...it just means you don't follow them it as much. The reason you don't know him is he is not a household name as he just took over the 2 position a short while after Bin Laden was killed.. If you went just by who people know, there is only 3 al Qaida leaders anyone knows anything about in the main stream..Bin laden...Zawahiri...and KSM...He was not only a explosive expert and considered a Islamic scholar ( Bin Laden actually lacked in that area) worked with Bin Laden since the early 80s and was in charge of there Ops in Iran for some time as well.

WE have heard about zawahiri since 911 and he recruited many, he is the guy to get and has been. I follow the stuff and the news never talks about the guys who they claim are #2 under either President Bush's administration or obama but we can agree to disagree, Ill like you anyway :)

WE have heard about zawahiri since 911 and he recruited many, he is the guy to get and has been. I follow the stuff and the news never talks about the guys who they claim are #2 under either President Bush's administration or obama but we can agree to disagree, Ill like you anyway :)

what the media talks about , and who is important to al Quida are not the same thing. If the media never said the word KSM, would it have made him less important? Nope...when a guy is the number 2 in a organization..it means he is important...if you have not heard of him because he is new and we killed some of the ones ahead of him...all the better. After all this is the media who still talks about Bull crap ideas like...how they hate us for our freedom...of course thats complete crap, but half the media knows jack about terrorism.

No evidence. No arrest. No trial.

Just military and media puffery.

Avoid.

Fact : Al-qaeda is an imperialist invention used to justify war.

The OBL family works for Babylon and cons those around and below.

Including all of you.

Comrade Stalin

No, no. Pin that tail on the right animal. That was Republicans who recruited for, and expanded Al Qaida, not Democrats. It wasn't imperialists, colonialists, monarchists or anyone else. It was Republicans with their chest-thumping and testosterone driven "bring it on" that caused that mess. No one else.

Ask Dick Cheney. He's still proud of what they did.

Yep one more win for Obama...Just think what we could have done had we not went into Iraq and actually focused on them years ago when Bush was in office....

I too question the timing of the Iraq war. It was justified but perhaps should have waited - then again I was not on the congressional committee that reviewed the intelligence and approved. It is too easy to be an armchair quarterback when one does not have all the facts that those who actually made the decisions had.

Let's consider the position of a person who was first an armchair quarterback and then had access to the same information Bush had:

First Obama opposed the war.

Then - "July '04, Barack Obama in terms of how he would have voted on the war: “I’m not privy to Senate intelligence reports. What would I have done? I don’t know.”

Then - “There’s not much of a difference between my position on Iraq and George Bush’s position at this stage.” - Barack Obama

"...it probably was the wrong time for me to be making a strong case against our party’s nominees’ decisions when it came to Iraq." (John Kerry supported the war)

And now - he wages the war fully.

[I would like to see more quotes to flesh out the position of P. Obama as it developed since I don't think these are good enough to make a good case one way or another. But they do cause one to think]

Werbung:
I am glad this guy is no longer able to do the evil he did. I congratulate everyone who had a part in ending his reign of terror.

Back