After temporary shutdown, Congress passes two-year spending deal

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
After the last shutdown the national debt of the USA now will rise even more (raises budget caps by $300 billion). About $165 billion will go to the Pentagon and $131 billion to non-defense programs.

And Rand Paul was the only standing up for the case?

Werbung:
He's grandstanding.... his voting record on debt is not squeaky clean. Anyway this is what Americans wanted lots more government spending and massive tax cuts....makes perfect sense.....:confused:

Not the majority of the American people, just the idiocrats who support Trump. Anyway, the Democrats folded on help for the DACA children just as they did on everything else. And then they want more power? Republicans lied, Democrats folded, and once again the people are the victims:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/politics/budget-deal-anger-daca/index.html

And then they want more power?
I would think they would like to avoid power for at least the next 12 years. I think the interest rate on the debt that's going to be issued will be eye watering when the markets factor in the inflation rate expectations and Fed rate increases....and all that happens is that the next bunch that get voted in will have to clean up the debt mountain and service the intrest payments that it accumulates. Some guy sitting in the Oval Office is going to have to be the bearer of really bad news in a few years and he can't get away with holding up his hands and saying "ain't my fault folks!" for too long

I would think they would like to avoid power for at least the next 12 years. I think the interest rate on the debt that's going to be issued will be eye watering when the markets factor in the inflation rate expectations and Fed rate increases....and all that happens is that the next bunch that get voted in will have to clean up the debt mountain and service the intrest payments that it accumulates. Some guy sitting in the Oval Office is going to have to be the bearer of really bad news in a few years and he can't get away with holding up his hands and saying "ain't my fault folks!" for too long

Funny thing about the national debt, it is owned by the ones that buy bonds, not the people. Thus some claim the national debt is irrelevant, and point to Japan who's national debt is some 400 times that of their GDP.

http://evonomics.com/isnt-time-stop-calling-national-debt/

Interesting article here:

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/j...debt-without-creating-inflation-we-could-too/

After temporary shutdown, Congress passes two-year spending deal[
In the end, a bipartisan cohort of lawmakers supported the $400 billion agreement. Shortly after 1:30 a.m. ET, the Senate voted, 71-28, to approve a two-year spending bill that would reopen the government, and the House passed it at 5:30 a.m. with the support of 240 members.

The spending deal was hammered out between the Republican and Democratic Senate leaders. It increases domestic spending by $131 billion and defense spending by $165 billion over the next two years and suspend the debt limit for one year — until well after the midterm elections.

Cut taxes, increase spending, and suspend the debt limit until after the elections. That's the current plan.

Werbung:
Back