Ads on the radio

Pandora

Today while driving my daughter to church she asked me if there were warnings on the radio like they have today when I was a kid.

I had thought about this before but never actually counted the ads.

Back when I was a kid the ads were about Taco Bell and JC Penny's and stuff like that. Ads by business to promoting business exc.

The ad that made her ask the question was about cooking your food well enough and how a thermometer was not an option but instead really important to make sure your food is cooked to the correct temp. And a government website you can go to so you know what temp is proper for the food you are cooking.

So I started counting ads after that one. The next ad was about getting your meningitis shot, then a report child abuse ad and then another ad about keeping your child current on all shots followed by an animal shelter ad and then Morgan Freeman did a colonoscopy ad.

Then a drinking and driving ad followed by a drug and alcohol ad. One about asthma and then a march of dimes one followed by a college for national endowment ad followed by a big brother big sister ad and then a Coast to Coast ad.

The March of Dimes and Coast to Coast were the only two ads not put on by the government in some way or another.

I have in the past heard numerous ads by government promoting food stamps and HUD housing and free programs to help pay for your electric bill exc. The ads I posted were just ones I heard on the way to church

Is it just my area or is this all over the country? I feel like turning on the radio means massive government brainwashing. What happened to the business promoting business ads?

Why is the government doing so many?

Werbung:
you have noticed one reason why the media love big government.

the official answer is that its the best way to deliver information and that is probably true. but its really about all these agencies growing their empires at our expense.

Today while driving my daughter to church she asked me if there were warnings on the radio like they have today when I was a kid.

I had thought about this before but never actually counted the ads.

Back when I was a kid the ads were about Taco Bell and JC Penny's and stuff like that. Ads by business to promoting business exc.

The ad that made her ask the question was about cooking your food well enough and how a thermometer was not an option but instead really important to make sure your food is cooked to the correct temp. And a government website you can go to so you know what temp is proper for the food you are cooking.

So I started counting ads after that one. The next ad was about getting your meningitis shot, then a report child abuse ad and then another ad about keeping your child current on all shots followed by an animal shelter ad and then Morgan Freeman did a colonoscopy ad.

Then a drinking and driving ad followed by a drug and alcohol ad. One about asthma and then a march of dimes one followed by a college for national endowment ad followed by a big brother big sister ad and then a Coast to Coast ad.

The March of Dimes and Coast to Coast were the only two ads not put on by the government in some way or another.

I have in the past heard numerous ads by government promoting food stamps and HUD housing and free programs to help pay for your electric bill exc. The ads I posted were just ones I heard on the way to church

Is it just my area or is this all over the country? I feel like turning on the radio means massive government brainwashing. What happened to the business promoting business ads?

Why is the government doing so many?
At least some of those ads you hear are "public service" ads. Some of them may be paid for by government entities, and some are not.

The vast majority of the ads I hear on the radio, that is when I'm listening to them at all, are "buy this, buy that" sort of ads. Some of them are "come to the rodeo in our town" sorts of ads. Once in a while, there will be a "make sure your kids wear bike helmets" sorts of ads, and sometimes they'll say, "This has been a public service announcement."

What I hate are those prescription meds ads on TV.

I get L.A. and San Diego stations. I haven't noticed any public health/service ads. Occasionally a hospital about a specific desease, investment group, window blinds, etc.

I hate commercials.

I get L.A. and San Diego stations. I haven't noticed any public health/service ads. Occasionally a hospital about a specific desease, investment group, window blinds, etc.

I hate commercials.

oddly enough there are more than usual numbers of govt ads on the am talk radio station here...

At least some of those ads you hear are "public service" ads. Some of them may be paid for by government entities, and some are not.

The vast majority of the ads I hear on the radio, that is when I'm listening to them at all, are "buy this, buy that" sort of ads. Some of them are "come to the rodeo in our town" sorts of ads. Once in a while, there will be a "make sure your kids wear bike helmets" sorts of ads, and sometimes they'll say, "This has been a public service announcement."

What I hate are those prescription meds ads on TV.

I would not have posted the thread if I mostly heard "buy this and buy that" Its because of all the ones I listed only two were private company ads. One for the late night show Coast to Coast and one for March of dimes. The rest were government paid for ads telling us when to get our butts examined and when to get a shot and how much to cook our meat exc. so on

But then again I only listen to talk radio, I might have to try a radio station that is music and see if there are different ads

I hate lawyer ads on drug lawsuits like this.
There are lots of ads like that on tv but at least they are still selling products. I dont think radio is anymore at least around here on the stations I listen to

Steve
I would think you would love those ads and if possible you would join in when you can. I still think about how you want to sue mcdonalds for your type two diabetes.

Werbung:
I would not have posted the thread if I mostly heard "buy this and buy that" Its because of all the ones I listed only two were private company ads. One for the late night show Coast to Coast and one for March of dimes. The rest were government paid for ads telling us when to get our butts examined and when to get a shot and how much to cook our meat exc. so on

But then again I only listen to talk radio, I might have to try a radio station that is music and see if there are different ads

Music stations have a lot fewer ads.
I haven't noticed the sorts of ads you're talking about, but then, I do tend to change the channel and/or tune them out whenever possible.

Back