Abortion??? anyone??

Maybe she didn't change her mind that easily.
Maybe she has been giving it some thought.

Well, if she did, then I congratulate him/her. There aren't many around who will actually change an opinion based on a more powerful argument than their own.

Werbung:
That would be the one reason TO change an opinion.

Few recognize that though. It has been my experience that people on these boards often hold their opinions for emotional reasons rather than because they were formed from any appreciable research. When one holds an opinion for emotional reasons, a more powerful argument is rarely recognized.

Few recognize that though. It has been my experience that people on these boards often hold their opinions for emotional reasons rather than because they were formed from any appreciable research. When one holds an opinion for emotional reasons, a more powerful argument is rarely recognized.

great quote.

something comes to mind here.... religion

Enlightening, palerider.
Most, if not all people are like that with different issues.
Deep emotions are better rooted than logical thoughts, I see it as more of a subconscious vs. conscious comparison.

I find your thoughts on that interesting.

No one changes their mind that easily.

You're right, I better go back to my previous opinion. Great job kicking someone while they're down instead of accepting a sincere agreement.

palerider said:
I do believe that there are some rare situations where a woman should be allowed to terminate her pregnancy. If her life or long term health are in danger, for example, we do have the right to kill to defend ourselves even if the one threatening us doesn't have malicious intent. Such cases are rare and sad, but they do exist.

I agree. I hope that's alright.

i kind of agree with CompleteReg, but in the case dealing with a womans choice, i have stuff to say. Correct me if im wrong but Technically its Gods Body and his choice (the body being gods temple) but us being humans, we naturally do what we beleive god doesnt exist and tend to sin, and its somewhat tolerable, but i think god would tend to understand more in the case of a rape or something like that. but he will still forgive you if you truly are sorry. And even if you do it again(example for everything not just abortion) you can do the same but you have to still be sorry. Now me imnot even "holy" i just cant stop sinning, but for everything ive ever done makes me feel bad. but i dont know what to say when it comes to the "Baby" i dont know enough about the whole "chosen destiny thing" to discuss it. (ps. this subject has to be in god with me but every subject i disuss doesnt have to do with god)

i kind of agree with CompleteReg, but in the case dealing with a womans choice, i have stuff to say. Correct me if im wrong but Technically its Gods Body and his choice (the body being gods temple) but us being humans, we naturally do what we beleive god doesnt exist and tend to sin, and its somewhat tolerable, but i think god would tend to understand more in the case of a rape or something like that. but he will still forgive you if you truly are sorry. And even if you do it again(example for everything not just abortion) you can do the same but you have to still be sorry. Now me imnot even "holy" i just cant stop sinning, but for everything ive ever done makes me feel bad. but i dont know what to say when it comes to the "Baby" i dont know enough about the whole "chosen destiny thing" to discuss it. (ps. this subject has to be in god with me but every subject i disuss doesnt have to do with god)

I rarely engage in debates on religion and on this subject, it really isn't necessary. I am curious about the reasoning behind your stance on abortion in the case of rape.

Can you offer up a rational argument for killing a child for the crime of its father? The child isn't simply the child of the rapist. It is the mother's child as well so you seem to be suggesting that it is fine to kill a child if one or the other parent is simply unacceptable. I would be interested in hearing the logic that leads to that conclusion.

That makes my opinion sound morbid. And I do partialy beleive in what you said. But if the mother does choose to have the baby and later on the child is either in a household that is as unacceptable as the father is and the child might be beaten or neglected or even thrown in a dumpster somewhere, i beleive that if i were in that situation i would want to be dead before birth. I find logic in those kind of situations, but i still like to think about your statement.

well personally i think it's a woman's choice

so if someone has something to say to this

please do! lol don't be mean please :rolleyes:

You may want to review the other threads and posts on this same topic on this forum. You can get the various arguments for and against without being subject to meanness.

thats the basic arguement isn't it? "its the womans choice. that seems simple enough. but you are overlooking one simple factor. the child deserves rights too. shouldn't a womans rights begin in the womb?

Its not if the rights should exist arbitor, its from when should the rights exist.

Aborting a baby due in a week is no different from abortion a baby that is alive.

Aborting a couple of cells after a few weeks is not the same as aborting a child by any stretch, whether you want to play semantics with what makes it alive or not.

Shouldn't the mother have the rights over a few cells?

If you say no and life begins at conception - should a man have rights over his semen? Or should he bottle it and make sure none of it goes to waste, because its hardly more developed than an egg and cell that have just joined.

Werbung:
thats funny. after seeing some of your comments i thought you were intelligent enough to tell the difference between a fertilezed egg and a sperm cell. i guess we all make mistakes.

Back