Abortion??? anyone??

XxTinaxX

well personally i think it's a woman's choice

so if someone has something to say to this

please do! lol don't be mean please :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Having been born in 1959 and an adopted child i can not endorse abortion. Whould i be here if abortion was legal then, I don't know. If it means the mothers life then yes do it, but not as a form of birth control. There is too many ways not to get that way. I hope this helps you understand why some are pro-life.

abortion should not be allowed except for certain exceptions such as rape, mother's life in danger, etc.

Abortion is a tough issue.

because really no one can really go to the extremes.

completely not being able to have it goes against woman's rights. However,

when do we define a living being that cannot be sacrificed?

as for cases no one would argue that an infant inside the woman's womb that

is 8 months old a more value than chromosomes that formed for 15 weeks.

Ending an innocent human being life simply because of personal hardships is wrong. A parent killing their own children is wrong. It is barbaric.

Very good points on this issue.

I'm religious, but my beliefs may not be your beliefs nor should I force them on you either.

Abortion is a touchy issue among many people. I believe that it is wrong to kill, whether it is in war, capital punishment, and even abortion.

Considering abortion among those, there are a few circumstances in which I feel it should be allowed:

-If the mothers health or life is in danger because of the pregnancy
-In cases of rape or incest

Finally, it should definitely not used as a birth control method. Late-term pregnancies should not be terminated, unless there is some threat to the mother's life.

It's not a nice thing, but it is one of those things that should not be one of our top issues. There are so many other social injustices that occur and abortion is used to distract us from what really needs our attention.

The Republicans use abortion as a key issue when they want to get their Christian base to vote. Tack on some abortion measure on the ballot, you'll get an increase in Christian voters who predominately vote Republican. (These tactics and more used in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections, check it out online. There are many sources out there documenting these things). And of course, call the ballot measure something like "Keeping our Children Safe" and you're almost obligated to vote for it.
That has been the major problem with our current Administration and previously Republican-controlled houses.

Declare anyone who isn't for the Patriot Act unpatriotic!
Declare anyone against abortion as Pro-Life! (what an interesting use of words, does that mean people for the free choice of women and their bodies is Pro-Death?)

It's been a horrible display of partisanship and with the corporate media (there is no liberal media, no matter want anyone thinks. Not in the U.S, anyway) we don't get the truth behind all the issues. We don't even get all the issues!

Abortion is a choice, therefore we need the right to choose. The government is not to choose for us what a woman can or can not do with her body.

We need better education among everyone to better understand contraceptives and abstinence, depending on one's views.

There are many other issues, which need to be solved, that deserve our attention and will remedy many other problems with our world today.

Abortion is just wrong, Most of the people having children are well aware of what they are doing. (not meaning rape victims) And after they are pregnant they realize they can't handle it and find a cowardly way out. life is life folks, dosen't matter what way you look at it, and it should be embraced and welcomed, not chemically dissolved, ground up or removed from a possibility of thriving.
We need better education among everyone to better understand contraceptives and abstinence,

This is true, yet each year we spend more and more on sex education, to kids younger and younger, and yet abortion rates skyrocket each year..

I'm religious, but my beliefs may not be your beliefs nor should I force them on you either.

What exactly does religion have to do with this issue? Whether or not it should be legal to kill a human being for no better reason than convenience doesn't strike me as a religious issue. Do you see other laws with regard to killing - murder, manslaugter, etc as religious issues as well?

The religion part of it comes into some people believeing that a fertilized egg is a fullfledged human being and those who believe that it is just a bunch of cells.

It's just the fact that killing is a religious issue in some religions (10 commandments- Thou shalt not kill, etc...) Some people see it as killing a person when others see it as killing some cells.
(I hate to use the term "some people," but I think I answered your question, palerider.)

The religion part of it comes into some people believeing that a fertilized egg is a fullfledged human being and those who believe that it is just a bunch of cells.

That isn't religion my friend, that is science. I can provide you with ample references from medical textbooks that state in no uncertain terms that we are human beings from the time we are concieved. What else could we possibly be? Those who believe it is just a bunch of cells cleary aren't aware of the science and are therefore voicing unsubstantiated, uncorroborated opinions in the face of actual science. If there is faith at work in the abortion debate, it is the pro choice side voicing their faith that unborns are not humans in the face of credible science that says otherwise.

And full fledged? You aren't "full fledged" until sometime in your late 20's when you are fully mature. Until that time, you are still growing and developing. A newborn clearly isn't "full fledged" and yet, it enjoys the protection of the law based on no more than where it lives. Inside vs outside.

It's just the fact that killing is a religious issue in some religions (10 commandments- Thou shalt not kill, etc...) Some people see it as killing a person when others see it as killing some cells.
(I hate to use the term "some people," but I think I answered your question, palerider.)

Again, those who claim that unborns are just cells are ignorant of the science. There was a time when that argument could be made as was the case when roe was decided but medical technology has effectively put the lie to that argument.

What exactly does religion have to do with this issue? Whether or not it should be legal to kill a human being for no better reason than convenience doesn't strike me as a religious issue. Do you see other laws with regard to killing - murder, manslaugter, etc as religious issues as well?

I don't think that the person meant religion, but rather, they meant ethics. Hume did not believe in an absolute right or wrong, rather, it is an emotive matter. Personally, I believe that ethics is a societal construction and inculcation, but that is another issue. Abortion is an ethical issue, and thus many people rely on their emotional intuition... and may fail to acknowledge exceptional cases and the impact that a state ban on abortion would have.

People who are entirely pro-life seem to believe that killing is wrong under most circumstances (with the exception of having the child being a threat to the mother), even in the case of rape or incest. I am entirely against this. If a woman is raped by several men in a terrifying experience, I don't understand why she must live with the experience growing in her belly for nine more months so that she can give it up for adoption. It just isn't right, it is like condemning her for having female organs.

I understand that the example I have given is a grotesque and less likely situation... but I believe it should be the woman's choice. I do not condone the use of abortion as a contraceptive form, but I think banning abortion entirely would only make those who actually need the abortion suffer miserably.

And even if a woman was able to give the baby up for adoption, how about the children who are not adopted? I don't think it is fair to abandon hardship and responsibility, only to transfer it to a child you will never have to face.

If we want to decrease the number of unwanted pregnancies, and thus abortions, we should increase education and awareness (in both men and women) and availability of local clinics with access to contraceptives.

That is all.. :)

Btw, has anyone read the bit in Freakonomics, about the impact Roe v. Wade has had on the crime rate? :)

Werbung:
Back