A Real Holocaust: Dresden -- 13 February 1945

Great, another idiot who thinks the bombing of Dresden was an attempt to break morale. Once again, it was a major STRATEGIC target. Please look up the word 'strategic', then get back to me, yes? It is entirely idiotic to believe that my British forebears flew all the way to Dresden, into heavy AA fire along with dealing with ME-109s, just to mess with the 'morale' of the enemy. Absolutely a stupid, and wrong supposition. I know the facts for I have been privy to them. You are just another liberal pussy attempting to rewrite history and it annoys the fuck out of me because my family suffered during WWII. I would suggest you clam up about things you know nothing. I take this personally.

The trouble with you is that you lack the power of conversation but not the power of typing.

Werbung:
Great, another idiot who thinks the bombing of Dresden was an attempt to break morale. Once again, it was a major STRATEGIC target. Please look up the word 'strategic', then get back to me, yes? It is entirely idiotic to believe that my British forebears flew all the way to Dresden, into heavy AA fire along with dealing with ME-109s, just to mess with the 'morale' of the enemy. Absolutely a stupid, and wrong supposition. I know the facts for I have been privy to them. You are just another liberal pussy attempting to rewrite history and it annoys the fuck out of me because my family suffered during WWII. I would suggest you clam up about things you know nothing. I take this personally.

they achieved the strategic goal and then kept up the bombing fr longer than necessary to make a point. it is possible to have multiple complimentary goals.

Can you supply credible documented sources proving that Dresden contained Nazi military operations or war material manufacturing facilities?

The Bombing of Dresden so late in the war may be seen as a crime by many.It was not necessary as Germany had lost the war by then. It was in revenge to the bombing of civilian cities like Coventery in England. The ruin church is still there. Also the carpet bombing of Berlin was in revenge to the bombing of London. War always leads to revenge. However these acts lead to further revenge in later wars.

See? This is what I mean about lefties. They believe absurdities and make up fallacious arguments.

To this lefty, America IS REALLY trying to take over the world and KILL OFF WHOLE RACES...and we get 'bombed' because of our actions...

Is this not completely without factual basis? Is it not the rantings of someone completely out of touch?

The post was surely about the Germans under Hitler: you are just naturally touchy, and I don't wonder after what your governments have been up to, particularly their crazy oil-crusades against Islam.

The post was surely about the Germans under Hitler: you are just naturally touchy, and I don't wonder after what your governments have been up to, particularly their crazy oil-crusades against Islam.

Hey lolo2 I apologized. Why did you fail to see that post?

The Bombing of Dresden so late in the war may be seen as a crime by many.It was not necessary as Germany had lost the war by then. It was in revenge to the bombing of civilian cities like Coventery in England. The ruin church is still there. Also the carpet bombing of Berlin was in revenge to the bombing of London. War always leads to revenge. However these acts lead to further revenge in later wars.

In no way was it an act of 'revenge'. It was necessary to destroy the Nazi ability to continue to make war. Alas, strategy is not one of your fortes. You see, my grandfather knew EVERYTHING about the war, and he became riled when people claim Dresden was unnecessary since he had access to intelligence compiled by the British intelligence services, and the RAF.

Why all this sympathy for Dresden when major British cities were all but DESTROYED? I know since my family is from Britain, and they lived through the war. I don't expect Americans to understand since they cowered in their isolationist fear until the enemy was being beaten back.

Can you supply credible documented sources proving that Dresden contained Nazi military operations or war material manufacturing facilities?

"Dresden was Germany's seventh-largest city and, according to the RAF at the time, the largest remaining unbombed built-up area. Taylor writes that an official 1942 guide to the city described it as "one of the foremost industrial locations of the Reich" and in 1944, the German Army's High Command's Weapons Office listed 127 medium-to-large factories and workshops that were supplying the army with materiel."

"Dresden was Germany's seventh-largest city and, according to the RAF at the time, the largest remaining unbombed built-up area. Taylor writes that an official 1942 guide to the city described it as "one of the foremost industrial locations of the Reich" and in 1944, the German Army's High Command's Weapons Office listed 127 medium-to-large factories and workshops that were supplying the army with materiel."

Can you please supply the link for that statement?

And destroying citizens WANTONLY, as the allies did in the Dresden FIRE bombing and many others, is immoral and a war crime by any reasonable standard. The citizens of Germany, like the citizens of the UK during the Blitz, did not deserve destruction merely because their nation's leaders forced them into war. And while the Germans did bomb the UK heavily, what the Allies did to Germany late in the war, was much more reprehensible. Germany, like Japan, was nearly defenseless. It was out and out slaughter of non-combatants.

Dresden was, I suppose, a part of Harris's attempt to build up the RAF by talking of the effectiveness of saturation bombing. Not our finest hour. That's what happens in long wars though - look what Iraq and Afghanistan have done to all the soldiers concerned.

Dresden was, I suppose, a part of Harris's attempt to build up the RAF by talking of the effectiveness of saturation bombing. Not our finest hour. That's what happens in long wars though - look what Iraq and Afghanistan have done to all the soldiers concerned.

That does not make it right. Had the American and allied air forces limited their bombing to military installations, one could make a case for such a thing in a war. But the massive bombings of civilian areas, including the a-bombings, were entirely unjustified. Those bombings destroyed most of Europe's greatest cities. Leaving the continent in total ruin and causing the deaths of thousands of civilians. It was most barbaric.

That does not make it right. Had the American and allied air forces limited their bombing to military installations, one could make a case for such a thing in a war. But the massive bombings of civilian areas, including the a-bombings, were entirely unjustified. Those bombings destroyed most of Europe's greatest cities. Leaving the continent in total ruin and causing the deaths of thousands of civilians. It was most barbaric.

Clearly - but long wars make for frustration, cold-hearted careerism and bloody-mindedness: it is just what happens. Such wars are best avoided, but the failure to fight the fascists in Spain made that one inevitable, alas.

Werbung:
http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night

Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

An interesting statement--
on a planet--where--like it or not--one thing eats another in an endless chain of consumption to survive--and always has.
I think this is what they mean by "pissing in the wind".

Back