A new leader for UK?

pwarbi

With the conservative party here in the UK winning a majority election, a lot of people are now beginning to blame the Labour leader for the poor result.

Personally, while I'm not a fan of his, I'm not entirely convinced it's down to him that Labour lost out. Many of the opinion polls had the two parties neck and neck going into the election, people didn't seem to have a problem with him then, so why the change now all of a sudden?

There's no doubt that the Labour party does need a new, stronger leader, but I think the party as a whole needs to look at itself, and try and rebuild from the ground up. Replacing one man, isn't going to change people's views.

The question is though, who is going to take over and make the changes that are needed?

Werbung:
People can't handle less than perfect outcomes unless they have someone to blame. Your favorite party losing the election, mustard on a burger that's supposed to be plain, or anything in between... There always has to be a bad guy.

The trouble is that nearly everybody in England thinks that David Cameron is the bad guy, he was still voted in because he was seen as the less of two evils in the end. Surely that isn't the best way to win an election, but sadly it seems that's going to be the case for the foreseeable future, and not just in the UK.

This is the result in many countries. People vote for the least worst leader. If he fails they change leaders. In Australia we have has three Prime ministers in five years with the latest one not likely to survive one term.

You do get to a point when you think is it actually worth voting. We're just going round in circles here at the moment, one party takes over from the other, changes what the previous one did, then start to put their own plans and ideas in place for 5 years. Then they get voted out and it starts all over again.

Surely there must be a better way to run an election?

Werbung:
w have Compulsory voting but it seems to make no difference to short term governments> perhaps we try adopt the Ahe America system of giving the leader at least four years usually8 years. It gives time to imp

Back