A List of Non Union Companies

GenSeneca

Panda helped me to start the list, please add any you can find!

Whole Foods
Trader Joe's
WinCo
Bristol Farms
Fresh & Easy
Sprout's
BevMo
Coors Beer
Target
FedEx
Wal-Mart
K-Mart
CVS
Sam's Club
Costco
Walgreens
Nordstrom
Neiman Marcus
Saks Fifth Avenue

Werbung:
Found an interesting article on the Harvard Business Review:

How Top Nonunion Companies Manage Employees

What is the primary advantage large corporations gain from operating without unions? Many might answer that the biggest advantage is lower costs for pay and benefits.​
I would strenuously dispute that answer, however, on the basis of a study I recently carried out of 26 large corporations that are either predominantly or entirely nonunion. My study suggests that such companies benefit most from the flexibility they have to improve productivity in both the short and the long run.​

I should add right away that these 26 companies were not chosen randomly. Rather, they were picked because they are respected leaders in their fields and, in many cases, are recognized for their innovative personnel policies. The corporations studied include Black & Decker, Eli Lilly, Gillette, Grumman, IBM, and Polaroid.​

Found an interesting article on the Harvard Business Review:

How Top Nonunion Companies Manage Employees

What is the primary advantage large corporations gain from operating without unions? Many might answer that the biggest advantage is lower costs for pay and benefits.​
I would strenuously dispute that answer, however, on the basis of a study I recently carried out of 26 large corporations that are either predominantly or entirely nonunion. My study suggests that such companies benefit most from the flexibility they have to improve productivity in both the short and the long run.​

I should add right away that these 26 companies were not chosen randomly. Rather, they were picked because they are respected leaders in their fields and, in many cases, are recognized for their innovative personnel policies. The corporations studied include Black & Decker, Eli Lilly, Gillette, Grumman, IBM, and Polaroid.​

a valid point. when you eliminate the lowest common denominator effect unions have you free employees to make themselves as valuable as they can to gain personal reward. perhaps the better way to look at it is that unions aim to decrease productivity and at a higher cost than deserved.

I worked for a National non-union retail chain and they paid their full-time employees a decent wage and great benefits. Good company to move up the chain too. A lot of their cashiers and stock people were young part-timers. But good ol California came in and messed them up. A couple of girls we had would work a couple of hours a day, one was a student the other worked at a bank. But the state stopped that with a new labor law that said the company had to pay them for four hours if they showed up. They couldn't work the four hours and the company wasn't going to pay them for not working. So they had to leave.

I worked for a National non-union retail chain and they paid their full-time employees a decent wage and great benefits. Good company to move up the chain too. A lot of their cashiers and stock people were young part-timers. But good ol California came in and messed them up. A couple of girls we had would work a couple of hours a day, one was a student the other worked at a bank. But the state stopped that with a new labor law that said the company had to pay them for four hours if they showed up. They couldn't work the four hours and the company wasn't going to pay them for not working. So they had to leave.

a new law of intended consequences ?

Panda helped me to start the list, please add any you can find!

Whole Foods
Trader Joe's
WinCo
Bristol Farms
Fresh & Easy
Sprout's
BevMo
Coors Beer
Target
FedEx
Wal-Mart
K-Mart
CVS
Sam's Club
Costco
Walgreens
Nordstrom
Neiman Marcus
Saks Fifth Avenue

List of companies whos workers can be shit on and the rich will not care so long as the stock goes up.

Werbung:
Back