A Lesson in "Democracy"

Should Pocket be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GenSeneca

Democracy is mob rule, a dictatorship of the majority, whereby a 51% majority can act as dictator to the other 49% and those in the minority are simply screwed.

So vote... Decide whether Pocket should be banned or be allowed to remain, 51% either way decides.

Pocket will not really get banned as a result of this poll, it's simply to educate him on the fact that allowing majority rule to steamroll the rights of the minority is not a just form of government.

Werbung:
I just voted to keep pockets.

Is that you Gen voting to ban him?

Pockets is wrong about most things, but no need to ban him. Liberals ban people without cause. Those of us who believe in Liberty (non-liberals), should not ban someone without cause.

Do you have cause to ban pockets?

Gipper, you clearly missed the point of the poll... Pocket thinks "Democracy" is a good thing, I'm trying to teach him that majority rule is not fair when the majority can simply violate the rights of the minority... Hence my other post about Republics, where the rights of the minority are protected against the rule of the majority.

Gipper, you clearly missed the point of the poll... Pocket thinks "Democracy" is a good thing, I'm trying to teach him that majority rule is not fair when the majority can simply violate the rights of the minority... Hence my other post about Republics, where the rights of the minority are protected against the rule of the majority.

Ah yes. After I posted, it came to me.

I want to change my vote. BAN POCKETS!!!

Democracy on one hand, representative government on the other where we elect our dictators who supposedly are more wise than the people who elect them. Hmmmm... Big difference?

I voted no, and my vote is the only one that counts...Authoritarian Rule! Screw you all I win, no one cares what you think...

of course Gen fails to point out that little fact that...Just because you have Democracy....does not mean you can't also protect minority rights and have.

But I guess....in his world, the US is not a Democracy...funny I always felt it was...Is it a Republic ? Sure...it is that also...

of course this comes out of his fear that Egypt will turn into a Islamic state like Iran...sorry I mean the Islamic Republic of Iran..IE its full name...

But since Gen does not think Egypt should have Democracy...or I must guess be a Republic since that could end up like Iran as well...but he claims to not support a dictator as well...

Anarchy? No I am sure against that as well...

All that really matters is, that the best rule for Egypt...is what ever benefits the US the most...

I voted no, and my vote is the only one that counts...Authoritarian Rule! Screw you all I win, no one cares what you think...

1)of course Gen fails to point out that little fact that...Just because you have Democracy....does not mean you can't also protect minority rights and have.

2)But I guess....in his world, the US is not a Democracy...funny I always felt it was...Is it a Republic ? Sure...it is that also...

of course this comes out of his fear that Egypt will turn into a Islamic state like Iran...sorry I mean the Islamic Republic of Iran..IE its full name...

But since Gen does not think Egypt should have Democracy...or I must guess be a Republic since that could end up like Iran as well...but he claims to not support a dictator as well...

3)Anarchy? No I am sure against that as well...

All that really matters is, that the best rule for Egypt...is what ever benefits the US the most...

1)If it protects the rights of the minority it by definition is not democracy but a constitutional republic which has its own set of problems.

2) Article 4 sect 4 the us constitution specifically states it is a republic.

3) The government only serves to coerce and oppress. How can anyone defend its existence?

1)If it protects the rights of the minority it by definition is not democracy but a constitutional republic which has its own set of problems.

2) Article 4 sect 4 the us constitution specifically states it is a republic.

3) The government only serves to coerce and oppress. How can anyone defend its existence?

Yes, yes, its a "republic" I know...but Unless your writing a research paper or something...its basically accepted to say Democracy as well. No one expects protesters in Egypt to yell or have on banners..we demand a Representative constitutional democracy that placed safeguards for the rights of Minority! It could be exactly what they are talking about...but mostly we are just going to talk about Democracy. Its basically trying to take a textbook, definition...in order to hide behind the real debate.

and yes I know you hate all forms of government...but somehow I don't really feel all that "oppressed"

1)Yes, yes, its a "republic" I know...but Unless your writing a research paper or something...its basically accepted to say Democracy as well. No one expects protesters in Egypt to yell or have on banners..we demand a Representative constitutional democracy that placed safeguards for the rights of Minority! It could be exactly what they are talking about...but mostly we are just going to talk about Democracy. Its basically trying to take a textbook, definition...in order to hide behind the real debate.

2) and yes I know you hate all forms of government...but somehow I don't really feel all that "oppressed"

1) Just because the word democracy has been commonly been misused does not mean it is correct to use it that way.

2) Because you have been a subject to it all of your life... The government steals an they call it taxes, the government regulates the substances you put into you own body and arrests you if you dont comply. Because of these regulations they need to steal billions of dollars to kidnap peaceful people and lock them in a cage. They tap into your private phone call and call it patriotic. If you do not wish to fund these actions they kidnap you and throw you in a cage.

Werbung:
Yes, yes, its a "republic" I know...but Unless your writing a research paper or something...its basically accepted to say Democracy as well.
Apathy is correct, just because the term is frequently misused does not mean people should continue to misuse it.

It could be exactly what they are talking about...
The bottom line is, you have no idea what they are demanding when screaming for Democracy.

Its basically trying to take a textbook, definition...in order to hide behind the real debate.
Tell us, what exactly is the "real" debate? I have repeatedly said that the Egyptian people should be left alone to choose their own form of government... How you take that statement as me advocating for dictatorships has yet to be explained.

Back