A discussion about Race

This is true of most hard core leftists. It is so sad that they are now in charge of our nation and are destroying it from within.

Nearly everything these Marxist/Commies believe is wrong.
You seem to be obsessed with Liberals, leftists. You turn every post into the same theme. Do you ever post/respond to a post on any other subject without turning it into a rant about the left? Please tell me you are not still in high school.

Werbung:
Since I'm an old white guy, I suppose I'm supposed to feel guilty about racism somehow.

I don't.

For one thing, my dad traced our family history back for several generations. Not one ancestor had the wherewithal to have owned a slave. Most of them were lucky to have owned a mule, let alone a human being.

For another, no one handed me anything free because I was white. I worked my way through college.

For a third, I haven't had enough contact with black people to have formed any stereotypes. I had two black classmates from high school, one who went to college, became a nurse, and joined the Peace Corps. The other barely made it through school and could hardly read. Which one is supposed to fit the stereotype?

I have had a lot of contact with "Latinos" or "Hispanics" or whatever they are calling themselves. They are a diverse lot as well.

When they asked me to categorize my classroom by race, I had to check the records. It turned out none of them was "white."

Pandora got it right:

At some point people have to stop playing the blame game, get off their duff and make something of themselves and quit waiting for someone else to make it for you.

and that applies to all races, ethnicities, stripes, colors, nationalities, and even political ideologies.

Leftists who are consumed with "white guilt" feel they should get a pass for the "suffering" and only the whites who don't feel guilty should be punished. So no, he's not going to give up a damn thing.

I think there is a difference from Personal Guilt, to acknowledging that your race held back another brutally for hundreds of years...and that saying sorry and moving on...is not going to make things equal. My moms side is Irish, they got held back as well, but her side did not enter america till 1910's..But even with the things that held back Irish in America for a long time, it was not anything to what Blacks had till the 1960's...

you can't hold back one group for hundreds of years...then simply say sorry the rules are the same for all now...and expect magic will happen and both sides will realy be on equal ground..without some help to one side..

I think there is a difference from Personal Guilt, to acknowledging that your race held back another brutally for hundreds of years...and that saying sorry and moving on...is not going to make things equal. My moms side is Irish, they got held back as well, but her side did not enter america till 1910's..But even with the things that held back Irish in America for a long time, it was not anything to what Blacks had till the 1960's...

you can't hold back one group for hundreds of years...then simply say sorry the rules are the same for all now...and expect magic will happen and both sides will realy be on equal ground..without some help to one side..

What sort of help do you have in mind?

Since I'm an old white guy, I suppose I'm supposed to feel guilty about racism somehow.

I don't.

For one thing, my dad traced our family history back for several generations. Not one ancestor had the wherewithal to have owned a slave. Most of them were lucky to have owned a mule, let alone a human being.

For another, no one handed me anything free because I was white. I worked my way through college.

For a third, I haven't had enough contact with black people to have formed any stereotypes. I had two black classmates from high school, one who went to college, became a nurse, and joined the Peace Corps. The other barely made it through school and could hardly read. Which one is supposed to fit the stereotype?

I have had a lot of contact with "Latinos" or "Hispanics" or whatever they are calling themselves. They are a diverse lot as well.

When they asked me to categorize my classroom by race, I had to check the records. It turned out none of them was "white."

Pandora got it right:

and that applies to all races, ethnicities, stripes, colors, nationalities, and even political ideologies.

and at some point, sometimes you need to say you know what, we where wrong and in order to help address that...sometimes some things we don't like will have to happen...like affirmative action..

You know how the Irish got the respect and power in the US? They took it, with violence, corruption, and Rigging politics....If one realy wants blacks to get back power...I would suggest they look at that....of course Whites would run in fear if they actuly did that....

You are Irish right? I thought everyone spit on the Irish too. How exactly did your race (The Irish) diss black people or any other people for that matter?

My moms side is Irish, they got held back as well, but her side did not enter america till 1910's.

1910's Try the 1600's when parts of my familycame over as indentured servants. Or if you can't get your head around that, then the middle 1800's when the Potato Famine drove the Irish out in droves fleeing starvation. Wasn't much better for the Scots who were always facing starvation.

You are Irish right? I thought everyone spit on the Irish too. How exactly did your race (The Irish) diss black people or any other people for that matter?

When the Irish first came over...the Irish where viewed as lower then slaevs...at least slaves had value...But when Free blacks went strike, the Irish where used as strike breakers...And vice versa....What people don't get is that Racism , was always there...but what realy made it strong...was Economics...Racism was used as a way to control different groups for the advantage of the rich....The Irish would use there anger...on blacks who they where told so many Racist things about..and then saw them taking there jobs...not on Fat cats who profited off both...When the poor whites get mad....they take it out on the rich...but if you feed them racist ideas, and point them at other races ...they will take there anger out on them ...Just like today..the econ sucks...so its the age old blame the Mexicans ( just change race or group as needed) Illegal immigration is a issue...but its not the issue that realy effects most peoples lives...but its one that can be used to direct anger and used to distract.

And as for the Irish...over time they took some power....not always threw moral or legal means...but got some...got to be more equal ( still being a Irish Catholic would hold you back...thus why Kennedy was such a big deal..like Obama for the Irish) ...But those racial ideas did not die right away, and as the irish acended in power...they still helped keep Jom Crow around, and other Racist policies that held backs back while whites could keep gaining.

Money and power...come from money and power....the poor guy who strikes it rich idea...is very rare...More often its the Poor guy...gets his kid just a little extra....who gets to school....who has kids got college becuse his dad finally had some savings to help ....who makes a decent living....who can send his kid to better school....who gets better job, who makes even more...and so on.....White protestants had a big head start on this....The Irish Got going later, but its long enough now they cough up...Blacks are realy only looking at the 1st and 2nd generations who actually had a change to be anything like equals.

also its alot easier to make it by your bootstraps....when your living in burbs with rents who got to go to school...and your going to a better public school...then when you have no parents with a real education...and go to schools that are underfunded and understaffed, and not good at all..I went to both types of school...the kids I went to school with and there parents...had no idea what other kids schools where like...just just had the idea somehow its the same...equal....its not

1910's Try the 1600's when parts of my familycame over as indentured servants. Or if you can't get your head around that, then the middle 1800's when the Potato Famine drove the Irish out in droves fleeing starvation. Wasn't much better for the Scots who were always facing starvation.

what is your point? to recite Irish History I know like the back of my hand?

When the Irish first came over...the Irish where viewed as lower then slaevs...at least slaves had value...But when Free blacks went strike, the Irish where used as strike breakers...And vice versa....What people don't get is that Racism , was always there...but what realy made it strong...was Economics...Racism was used as a way to control different groups for the advantage of the rich....The Irish would use there anger...on blacks who they where told so many Racist things about..and then saw them taking there jobs...not on Fat cats who profited off both...When the poor whites get mad....they take it out on the rich...but if you feed them racist ideas, and point them at other races ...they will take there anger out on them ...Just like today..the econ sucks...so its the age old blame the Mexicans ( just change race or group as needed) Illegal immigration is a issue...but its not the issue that realy effects most peoples lives...but its one that can be used to direct anger and used to distract.

And as for the Irish...over time they took some power....not always threw moral or legal means...but got some...got to be more equal ( still being a Irish Catholic would hold you back...thus why Kennedy was such a big deal..like Obama for the Irish) ...But those racial ideas did not die right away, and as the irish acended in power...they still helped keep Jom Crow around, and other Racist policies that held backs back while whites could keep gaining.

Money and power...come from money and power....the poor guy who strikes it rich idea...is very rare...More often its the Poor guy...gets his kid just a little extra....who gets to school....who has kids got college becuse his dad finally had some savings to help ....who makes a decent living....who can send his kid to better school....who gets better job, who makes even more...and so on.....White protestants had a big head start on this....The Irish Got going later, but its long enough now they cough up...Blacks are realy only looking at the 1st and 2nd generations who actually had a change to be anything like equals.

also its alot easier to make it by your bootstraps....when your living in burbs with rents who got to go to school...and your going to a better public school...then when you have no parents with a real education...and go to schools that are underfunded and understaffed, and not good at all..I went to both types of school...the kids I went to school with and there parents...had no idea what other kids schools where like...just just had the idea somehow its the same...equal....its not

I suppose some Irish were not so nice. I understand that. After reading your post I thought about the Kennedy's. So I understand some Irish were real creeps.

Do all Irish have to pay or be responsible though? Natives sold out other natives, do I owe someone something because I am native?

Why do you think Asian people prosper so well in general? Less of them in prison, more of them in college exc... They dont dwell on the past. They had it really bad too. Chinese laundry labor people were treated horrible, during ww2 they had everything taken away. but they prosper

we should all be more like them.

I suppose some Irish were not so nice. I understand that. After reading your post I thought about the Kennedy's. So I understand some Irish were real creeps.

Do all Irish have to pay or be responsible though? Natives sold out other natives, do I owe someone something because I am native?

Why do you think Asian people prosper so well in general? Less of them in prison, more of them in college exc... They dont dwell on the past. They had it really bad too. Chinese laundry labor people were treated horrible, during ww2 they had everything taken away. but they prosper

we should all be more like them.

First, I live in a area with a very large asian population...and they are often in same situation as the rest, poor, little money and trying to get buy...livings in homes with 3 generations living in same place ( part from culture part money issues) of course some do well...just like some blacks, Mexicans and what not...but there are also alot of them that when there parents came here....they did not come for the same reasons...they already had jobs education and money when they came here...they came here for work...threw there jobs.

I think trying to pin everything down to what did you do personaly...is just a cop out of dealing with real issues and inequities.. No one person held back a race....But a system did...and that system..benefited whites ( rich whites the most) and its naive to think the problems can be reversed and made right...with no harm done to those who benefited most. I also don't believe it would ever be done by just some cash payment to people taken directly from one group to the other...at best it would just bring racial issues to a boiling point of anger and hate of each other...But there are ways to help try to bring the playing field back to a more equal standing...like better funding for inner city schools to give the next generation a better shot..like affirmative action in some cases...in jobs where historical bias is still shown to be found. And in general , for whites to stop this idea I hear so often, about blaming blacks for the fact they have not caught up yet to econ equality...and then the use of age old racist ideas to say why...ignoring the fact that you can't make up that gap in a short time.

First, I live in a area with a very large asian population...and they are often in same situation as the rest, poor, little money and trying to get buy...livings in homes with 3 generations living in same place ( part from culture part money issues) of course some do well...just like some blacks, Mexicans and what not...but there are also alot of them that when there parents came here....they did not come for the same reasons...they already had jobs education and money when they came here...they came here for work...threw there jobs.

I think trying to pin everything down to what did you do personaly...is just a cop out of dealing with real issues and inequities.. No one person held back a race....But a system did...and that system..benefited whites ( rich whites the most) and its naive to think the problems can be reversed and made right...with no harm done to those who benefited most. I also don't believe it would ever be done by just some cash payment to people taken directly from one group to the other...at best it would just bring racial issues to a boiling point of anger and hate of each other...But there are ways to help try to bring the playing field back to a more equal standing...like better funding for inner city schools to give the next generation a better shot..like affirmative action in some cases...in jobs where historical bias is still shown to be found. And in general , for whites to stop this idea I hear so often, about blaming blacks for the fact they have not caught up yet to econ equality...and then the use of age old racist ideas to say why...ignoring the fact that you can't make up that gap in a short time.

I do not live in an Asian area but I work with many Asian people and I see it much different than you, and many that I talked to feel the same.

I am not white or rich so I hopefully will not be counted in with the pay backs.

I actually turned down a free education to become a teacher. It was only offered because I was a minority and I did not want it that way. How many poor white people would want that but could not get it, and instead are taxed so I could.

Perhaps they will re distribute wealth, lord knows there are enough loons out there. But it will not help race relations.

People tend to get bitter when they are forced to pay for someone else mistake or wrongdoing.

If it happens it will cause more race problems than we have and since this jackass got elected the race problems have been worse than ever since he walked on stage than in my life time.

I do not live in an Asian area but I work with many Asian people and I see it much different than you, and many that I talked to feel the same.

I am not white or rich so I hopefully will not be counted in with the pay backs.

I actually turned down a free education to become a teacher. It was only offered because I was a minority and I did not want it that way. How many poor white people would want that but could not get it, and instead are taxed so I could.

Perhaps they will re distribute wealth, lord knows there are enough loons out there. But it will not help race relations.

People tend to get bitter when they are forced to pay for someone else mistake or wrongdoing.

If it happens it will cause more race problems than we have and since this jackass got elected the race problems have been worse than ever since he walked on stage than in my life time.

Yes its Obamas fault for race relations....if he was white, the whites could settle down and not worry...all is well...But a black in the white house...time to feed the racism machine and ramp up the hype...

Werbung:
Back