A discussion about Race

GenSeneca

I was listening to NPR a couple days ago and the host had on a couple of guests to have a "discussion about race". It was very entertaining. You could almost feel these people wringing their hands and rocking in their seats as they fretted about the lack of "discussions" between the races in America.

The host, don't know his name but he was a black man, had on a luh-teen-oh (she insisted on saying that word with a Spanish accent even though she said everything else in perfect English) woman and, the only person who's name I knew, was David Rodham Gergen... The quintessential Leftist white guy.

The host began by saying that he'd brought them together so they could have a discussion about race... The busy body Latino woman went first and her story was discordant to say the least... She told a story about how she drops off, and picks up, her son everyday at school. One day when she arrived to pick him up, he and some of the other kids where playing cops and robbers, pointing their fingers at each other and yelling "bang!".

Well one of the mothers arrived, a black woman, and she was horrified at the scene. She yelled at the children and demanded that the other mothers discipline their children for playing such a game. The busy-body Latino went over to talk with the upset mother and found out that the woman's husband was shot and killed while driving his cab in the city and as a result, she found anything gun related, even children playing cops and robbers, to be abhorrent. The busy body Latino invited that woman, and the other mothers there, over to her house for dinner later in the week... To talk about race. WTF?

That was her story about how her discussions on race began with other races... It makes no sense but we're talking about a hand wringing leftist, so par for the course.

Then the host talked about how his black friends say things to him about other races that they'd never say to the faces of someone who was not black. At least his reasoning made some sense as to why he'd be interested in talking about the subject so I'd hoped to hear more of what he had to say... However, despite making the most sense of the three and it being his show, he didn't get to talk very much.

David Gergen, playing the role of white apologist, chimed in with the usual leftist rabble about how it was the fault of whites that race relations have not improved, whites don't feel guilty enough for being born white.

It only took about 5 minutes before the "discussion on race" became a cheer-leading session for Leftist political policy in America... They all agreed that the "solution" to better race relations was "social action" and an aggressive policy of "social justice" to "close the achievement gap". The words in quotes are the actual words they used....

I have to pause here for a quick definition:

Achievement:
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Think about that for a second... They want to "close the achievement gap"... How exactly do they propose to turn water to wine? Simple... A massive redistribution of wealth, because nothing makes an under achiever feel more accomplished than being given that which someone else worked hard to obtain.

Their whole "discussion about race" was sham, it was not a discussion about race at all. It was a how-to program for guilting whites into supporting a radical Leftist agenda and enticing other races into supporting the same agenda with promises of being given what they have not earned... These people actually believe that using the force of government to take the earned from one person and redistribute it to someone who did not earn it will improve how those two individuals see and treat each other.

A side note for anyone who's panties are in a bunch because I use the word "black"... They referred to Latino's as Latino's or Hispanics, Whites as Whites, Asians as Asians (though they didn't have one on the show and for that the host repeatedly apologized), but they always referred to Blacks with the politically correct term of "African Americans". Now I actually know some real African Americans... They are actually from Africa, they immigrated here and became Americans, and not all of them are black... Ever met a white African American? I know a few. I also know a black German American, but he doesn't call himself a German American or an African American, just an American - because he, like the others, is proud to call America home and thinks its ridiculous for people to refer to him as an African American.

Now back to my program... Leftists always seem to look at a group of people and see their race as a distinguishing quality; that guy is white, that woman is black, that guy is Hispanic etc. So to me, the real discussion about race, has to do with why can't these people just be color blind and see their fellow Americans as individuals rather than belonging to this or that group? The answer can be found in their insatiable need for "diversity". Of course the only diversity they find unacceptable is diversity of opinion, anything else is fine so long as you support a Leftist agenda.

In contrast, Capitalism is color blind. Rich, poor, black, white, young, old... no matter who you are, you are an individual and that is the only qualification necessary to expect your individual rights be respected. All individuals have certain inalienable rights and it is because of the need to protect these rights that governments are instituted among men... Sound familiar? That is the proper role of government and our founders knew it; to equally protect the individual rights of every citizen and bar from society the legal ability of any individual, group, or government, to violate the rights of any individual.

So if you're ever invited to have a "discussion about race", you won't have to wait long for your host to pitch a radical Leftist agenda as the solution to race relations. If you're a Capitalist like myself, you'll know that the solution is not a redistribution of wealth based on identity politics, the real solution is the establishment of a government that respects, and protects, the individual rights of all it's citizens. Anything short of that is a "solution" worse than the problem.

Werbung:
I was listening to NPR a couple days ago and the host had on a couple of guests to have a "discussion about race". It was very entertaining. You could almost feel these people wringing their hands and rocking in their seats as they fretted about the lack of "discussions" between the races in America.

The host, don't know his name but he was a black man, had on a luh-teen-oh (she insisted on saying that word with a Spanish accent even though she said everything else in perfect English) woman and, the only person who's name I knew, was David Rodham Gergen... The quintessential Leftist white guy.

The host began by saying that he'd brought them together so they could have a discussion about race... The busy body Latino woman went first and her story was discordant to say the least... She told a story about how she drops off, and picks up, her son everyday at school. One day when she arrived to pick him up, he and some of the other kids where playing cops and robbers, pointing their fingers at each other and yelling "bang!".

Well one of the mothers arrived, a black woman, and she was horrified at the scene. She yelled at the children and demanded that the other mothers discipline their children for playing such a game. The busy-body Latino went over to talk with the upset mother and found out that the woman's husband was shot and killed while driving his cab in the city and as a result, she found anything gun related, even children playing cops and robbers, to be abhorrent. The busy body Latino invited that woman, and the other mothers there, over to her house for dinner later in the week... To talk about race. WTF?

That was her story about how her discussions on race began with other races... It makes no sense but we're talking about a hand wringing leftist, so par for the course.

Then the host talked about how his black friends say things to him about other races that they'd never say to the faces of someone who was not black. At least his reasoning made some sense as to why he'd be interested in talking about the subject so I'd hoped to hear more of what he had to say... However, despite making the most sense of the three and it being his show, he didn't get to talk very much.

David Gergen, playing the role of white apologist, chimed in with the usual leftist rabble about how it was the fault of whites that race relations have not improved, whites don't feel guilty enough for being born white.

It only took about 5 minutes before the "discussion on race" became a cheer-leading session for Leftist political policy in America... They all agreed that the "solution" to better race relations was "social action" and an aggressive policy of "social justice" to "close the achievement gap". The words in quotes are the actual words they used....

Achievement:
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Think about that for a second... They want to "close the achievement gap"... How exactly do they propose to turn water to wine? Simple... A massive redistribution of wealth, because nothing makes an under achiever feel more accomplished than being given that which someone else worked hard to obtain.

Their whole "discussion about race" was sham, it was not a discussion about race at all. It was a how-to program for guilting whites into supporting a radical Leftist agenda and enticing other races into supporting the same agenda with promises of being given what they have not earned... These people actually believe that using the force of government to take the earned from one person and redistribute it to someone who did not earn it will improve how those two individuals see and treat each other.

A side note for anyone who's panties are in a bunch because I use the word "black"... They referred to Latino's as Latino's or Hispanics, Whites as Whites, Asians as Asians (though they didn't have one on the show and for that the host repeatedly apologized), but they always referred to Blacks with the politically correct term of "African Americans". Now I actually know some real African Americans... They are actually from Africa, they immigrated here and became Americans, and not all of them are black... Ever met a white African American? I know a few. I also know a black German American, but he doesn't call himself a German American or an African American, just an American - because he, like the others, is proud to call America home and thinks its ridiculous for people to refer to him as an African American.

Now back to my program... Leftists always seem to look at a group of people and see their race as a distinguishing quality; that guy is white, that woman is black, that guy is Hispanic etc. So to me, the real discussion about race, has to do with why can't these people just be color blind and see their fellow Americans as individuals rather than belonging to this or that group? The answer can be found in their insatiable need for "diversity". Of course the only diversity they find unacceptable is diversity of opinion, anything else is fine so long as you support a Leftist agenda.

In contrast, Capitalism is color blind. Rich, poor, black, white, young, old... no matter who you are, you are an individual and that is the only qualification necessary to expect your individual rights be respected. All individuals have certain inalienable rights and it is because of the need to protect these rights that governments are instituted among men... Sound familiar? That is the proper role of government and our founders knew it; to equally protect the individual rights of every citizen and bar from society the legal ability of any individual, group, or government, to violate the rights of any individual.

So if you're ever invited to have a "discussion about race", you won't have to wait long for your host to pitch a radical Leftist agenda as the solution to race relations. If you're a Capitalist like myself, you'll know that the solution is not a redistribution of wealth based on identity politics, the real solution is the establishment of a government that respects, and protects, the individual rights of all it's citizens. Anything short of that is a "solution" worse than the problem.

of course you can have one that does not do that for hundreds or more years, thousands in some places...then stand shocked to find out that , when you take away the laws that allowed the racism away...things don't magically just become equal. People like to think well Slavery ended a long time ago...It was realy not that long ago in overall history..and Jim Crow laws did get addressed until 50-60 years ago...Thats people still today part of the work force that lived when in many parts of the nation, Blacks still did not realy have the right to vote. Where Racism was still just a expected part of the Justice system..

pretending somehow a "equal" ( highly debatable anyway) econ system somehow should be expected to just make all things right is insane anyway. Its not going to whip away Generations if poverty ( money breeds money) or Generations of Racial mistrust and hate. Race has always been a weapon to keep the poor in line... Blacks getting out of line...Make them hate the Latinos for stealing there jobs in the city if they are the newest people to arive..keeps the heat off those in power when the poor blacks target the poor Latinos...Right whites get the heat of them...And you can interchange any one of the races and its the same thing. And while Irish may have been looked down on when they came to the US ...They had to fight the Free Blacks for the lowest of the Jobs...when the Irish workers went on strike, you bring in Black replacements...or vice versa...Why? simple to build the hate against each other to control them both...Its good for Economics....

So now you take that system and take it away....Does that hate and mistrust go away? No...Do the Stereotypes vanish? no..Does the fact that you where told all your life your less of a person for your race ...just leave because a law changed?

Just in pure Econ..take 2 companies.....tell them to build the same thing...Severly limit one, help the other out...for 20 years....Now 20 years later make the rules "equal" ....how many years would one expect the company that was held back to become a equal? If ever....thats Racism and the view of many whites today...that somehow the effects of hundreds of years of Sever Racism, Both against people personal, and systemic....somehow can just become equal ...right away...and that they may not get hurt in the process..

The idea of Racism is not a problem for Minorities...is just a fairytale for some whites to feel better about them self. The fact that no longer does the KKK run around with great support and people don't walk around calling blacks ******s, or Hispanics Spic..That there is laws saying you can't not hire someone based one race....its all just gone now...And they get to a point where even when the see racism, they find ways to justify in there head it was not racism...Like people who rail against Obama because He is a Muslim terrorism and not really a American....no thats really about just that...has nothing to do with Race...never...I am sure if he was white they would be saying the same thing....just as I am sure I will win the lotto tomorrow.

Wow Pocket, I think you really have been drinking...

So now you take that system and take it away....Does that hate and mistrust go away? No...Do the Stereotypes vanish? no..Does the fact that you where told all your life your less of a person for your race ...just leave because a law changed?

How does a redistribution of wealth solve any of that? How does taking money from someone who earned it and handing it over to someone who didn't make the hate and mistrust go away? How does it make the stereotypes vanish? How does the redistribution of wealth make you feel better about your race when all your life you've been told you're less of a person because of the color of your skin?

Achievement:

At work we had a mandatory meeting (half a day long) on race relations.

they admitted they were wrong in the past saying to be color blind. Personally I do not think they were wrong I just think they never actually did it to see it was right.

The new goal in race is if you have a child in your room who is a minority the teacher is to find some hero's for them to look up to. If they are black I guess stick michael jackson or michael jordon on the wall? And bring things of thier heritage to the classroom so they feel special.

I was the only kid in my class considered a mexican. I considered myself more native but my name as a kid was Gonzalez. Had a teacher brought some mexican art to stick on our classroom walls to make me feel better, I would have died a thousand deaths.

In our half a day class it was clear what they thought. They thought the only way for minorities to make it was if some liberal white person opened a door for them and we would all be stuck standing at a shut door too dumb to open it ourselves without them.

By the end I was pretty mad and felt they were really saying without realizing it

I cant even succeed without giving them the credit for it.

Redistribution of wealth was never discussed but ignoring over achieving kids and putting your time and energy on the kids who were not doing well was a big part of what they were saying. It was a class for educators though so it makes sense they spent the time on education issues.

In the meeting they made a big deal of whites respecting traditions of minority people, they also made a big deal of the fact that minorities do not graduate at the same levels as whites.

I asked someone at the meeting why it was so important to them that minorities go to college? In one breath they say respect the traditions and culture of minorities but with the second breath they add except we want you to keep the white mans traditions and culture of going to college.

as for your re distribution of wealth, I agree. If you give someone something they do not earn they never respect it or care for it, its only when you have to work for something that it matters to you... and you can not build the character of one person by taking stuff from another person and giving it to them.

Wow Pocket, I think you really have been drinking...

How does a redistribution of wealth solve any of that? How does taking money from someone who earned it and handing it over to someone who didn't make the hate and mistrust go away? How does it make the stereotypes vanish? How does the redistribution of wealth make you feel better about your race when all your life you've been told you're less of a person because of the color of your skin?

Whites did not seem to care when they took the wealth did they? But give back some to help even the playing field...no!

Can't you just picture MLK shaking his head and wondering how so many7 failed to get what he was takling about ?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

At work we had a mandatory meeting (half a day long) on race relations.

they admitted they were wrong in the past saying to be color blind. Personally I do not think they were wrong I just think they never actually did it to see it was right.

The new goal in race is if you have a child in your room who is a minority the teacher is to find some hero's for them to look up to. If they are black I guess stick michael jackson or michael jordon on the wall? And bring things of thier heritage to the classroom so they feel special.

I was the only kid in my class considered a mexican. I considered myself more native but my name as a kid was Gonzalez. Had a teacher brought some mexican art to stick on our classroom walls to make me feel better, I would have died a thousand deaths.

In our half a day class it was clear what they thought. They thought the only way for minorities to make it was if some liberal white person opened a door for them and we would all be stuck standing at a shut door too dumb to open it ourselves without them.

By the end I was pretty mad and felt they were really saying without realizing it

I cant even succeed without giving them the credit for it.

Redistribution of wealth was never discussed but ignoring over achieving kids and putting your time and energy on the kids who were not doing well was a big part of what they were saying. It was a class for educators though so it makes sense they spent the time on education issues.

In the meeting they made a big deal of whites respecting traditions of minority people, they also made a big deal of the fact that minorities do not graduate at the same levels as whites.

I asked someone at the meeting why it was so important to them that minorities go to college? In one breath they say respect the traditions and culture of minorities but with the second breath they add except we want you to keep the white mans traditions and culture of going to college.

as for your re distribution of wealth, I agree. If you give someone something they do not earn they never respect it or care for it, its only when you have to work for something that it matters to you... and you can not build the character of one person by taking stuff from another person and giving it to them.

Whites took from blacks...for hundreds of years. They took there labor and there lives, and there humanity...I don't think its unreasonable to ask for some repayment in some way.

Whites took from blacks...for hundreds of years. They took there labor and there lives, and there humanity...I don't think its unreasonable to ask for some repayment in some way.

My family is native and latino I don't owe anyone jack! If you owe someone then by all means give them back what you took or replace it.

Ever notice Asian people never play the victim? Ever notice they do much better in general than all the races, probably combined? They in general work hard, take education serious and make good choices.

All the native people in my family and really all the natives that I personally know who cry for hand outs are bums and drunks without any motivation or personal pride. All the natives I personally know who do not expect hand outs just a fair shake are hard working people who are doing really well and just as disgusted with the natives who keep their hand held out wanting more money so they can get hammered and smash up the car they just got but don't really care about.

At some point people have to stop playing the blame game, get off their duff and make something of themselves and quit waiting for someone else to make it for you.

but again if you feel you have wronged anyone then pay them back, maybe start with giving away your computer to a black person who doesn't have one? Or is it just all talk?

We gave them Marxism as their socio-political and economic model--what more is there to give? It's doing wonders for them, which is why over 90 percent of blacks support it in this country.

Whites took from blacks...for hundreds of years.
Slavery in America has been gone longer than it existed.

They took there labor and there lives, and there humanity...
So you are personally responsible for anything people of the same race perpetrated more than a hundred years before you were born and you had no control over?

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for some repayment in some way.
You're insane.

but again if you feel you have wronged anyone then pay them back, maybe start with giving away your computer to a black person who doesn't have one? Or is it just all talk?
Leftists who are consumed with "white guilt" feel they should get a pass for the "suffering" and only the whites who don't feel guilty should be punished. So no, he's not going to give up a damn thing.

Werbung:
Back