A close call at the movies

Little-Acorn

http://opinionjournal.com

A Close Call at the Movies

by James Taranto
"Best of the Web Today"
July 31, 2012

An employee at a Cookeville, Tenn., movie theater called police the other night "after seeing a man with a holstered pistol walk into the theater," WSMV-TV reports. The movie was briefly stopped after officers responded to the scene. The cops asked if anyone was carrying a gun.

Three men stood up.

"The officers explained the [theater] policy prohibiting weapons and asked the men to return their guns to their vehicles, which police said they did." All three men had proper permits for their firearms. Police said the theater sign showing that weapons are prohibited was not large enough to be seen easily, so officers advised that it should be made more visible. http://www.wsmv.com/story/19137384/3-people-carry-guns-into-movie-theater-in-putnam-county

Thank goodness there was no violence in the theater that night, with the crowd left defenseless like that.

----------------------------------------------

I've often wondered: Suppose I go to a public place like a movie theater, a store, or etc. that has a sign displayed saying "No firearms allowed", and so I leave my carry piece outside locked in my car trunk. Some nutcase goes in there and starts blazing away and hurts or kills me.

Is the theater or store responsible for protecting me, since they took it upon themselves to prohibit me from doing it myself? And are they therefore liable for any damage or injuries I sustain from the nutcase who shot me?

Werbung:
I guess all the law suits coming out of Colorado will tell the tale.

Especialy thast woman who lost her 6 year old child and she lost her baby miscarrage. Shes gonna sue the Theater and the State of Colorado for MILLIONS!

Werbung:
Three men stood up.
Only three stood up... It's Tennessee, I bet there were actually more than three armed people in attendance.

I've often wondered: Suppose I go to a public place like a movie theater, a store, or etc. that has a sign displayed saying "No firearms allowed", and so I leave my carry piece outside locked in my car trunk. Some nutcase goes in there and starts blazing away and hurts or kills me.

Is the theater or store responsible for protecting me, since they took it upon themselves to prohibit me from doing it myself? And are they therefore liable for any damage or injuries I sustain from the nutcase who shot me?
gun-free-zone.jpg

Every "Gun Free Zone" where these shooting sprees take place needs to be sued into bankruptcy on behalf of the victims and their families. Then, maybe, other morons with "Defenseless Victims Inside" signs will come to their senses and allow the public to protect themselves.

Back