1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

A California Win For Sanders?

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Reddie, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Reddie

Reddie Well-Known Member

There's still some talk that Sanders can win the Democrats nomination. Those who still expect the impossible to happen believe that should Hillary lose in California, this would give him a fighting chance but after Tuesday I'm sure that Sanders will be done.

What I don't get is why Democrats are so eager to hand Hillary the nomination despite all evidence that suggests that she wouldn't beat Trump.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/poll-trump-hillary-clinton-223713
    But would Sanders fare any better if perchance he was to be the Democrats nominee? I doubt it.

2. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

Polling suggests he would. I'm not so sure but based on what he's done to date I wouldn't count him out

3. Zanna

Zanna Well-Known Member

Sanders is a persona that gives the impression of a seasoned wise man. He has his mishaps but his political career as an independent politician is too powerful to brush aside. Trump on the other hand relies on shock-value.
    Both of these two people are deemed anti-systemic by their respective parties that promote the idea of change in their own completely different perspectives, so we're talking about a tier of politicians that are expected to be wild cards...whereas Clinton is the most predictable, system-rooted politician of the three.

4. yiostheoy

yiostheoy Well-Known Member

Did you settle this issue in your mind yet?