76%

Atlanta is not alone. Most inner city government run schools are well funded, but libs think otherwise...and we know the truth is meaningless to them.

The thing that overachieving innercity underfunded and high income suberban or private schools is involved parents. those cannot be bought nor can they be surrogated by teachers.

this is the biggest disaster that no fault divorce has wrought. irresponsible adults are the bane of our children.

Werbung:
Atlanta is not alone. Most inner city government run schools are well funded, but libs think otherwise...and we know the truth is meaningless to them.

The thing that overachieving innercity underfunded and high income suberban or private schools is involved parents. those cannot be bought nor can they be surrogated by teachers.

this is the biggest disaster that no fault divorce has wrought. irresponsible adults are the bane of our children.

As usual, the Great Walter Williams gets to the heart of the matter...liberalism has made Black Americans wards of the state.

Jeantel is a senior at Miami Norland Senior High School. How in the world did she manage to become a 12th-grader without being able to read cursive writing? That’s a skill one would expect from a fourth-grader. Jeantel is by no means an exception at her school. Here are a few achievement scores from her school: Thirty-nine percent of the students score basic for reading, and 38 percent score below basic. In math, 37 percent score basic, and 50 percent score below basic. Below basic is the score when a student is unable to demonstrate even partial mastery of knowledge and skills fundamental for proficient work at his grade level. Basic indicates only partial mastery.
Few Americans, particularly black Americans, have any idea of the true magnitude of the black education tragedy. The education establishment might claim that it’s not their fault. They’re not responsible for the devastation caused by female-headed families, drugs, violence and the culture of dependency. But they are totally responsible for committing gross educational fraud. It’s educators who graduated Jeantel from elementary and middle school and continued to pass her along in high school. It’s educators who will, in June 2014, confer upon her a high-school diploma.
The educational system and black family structure and culture have combined to make increasing numbers of young black people virtually useless in the increasingly high-tech world of the 21st century. Too many people believe that pouring more money into schools will help. That’s whistlin’ “Dixie.” Whether a student is black or white, poor or rich, there are some minimum requirements that must be met in order to do well in school. Someone must make the student do his homework, see to it that he gets a good night’s sleep, fix a breakfast, make sure he gets to school on time and make sure he respects and obeys his teachers. Here are my questions: Which one of those requirements can be achieved through a higher school budget? Which can be achieved by politicians? If those minimal requirements aren’t met, whatever else is done is mostly for naught.
I hope Rachel Jeantel’s court performance is a wake-up call for black Americans about the devastation wrought by our educational system.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/walter-e-williams/black-education-tragedy/

Because oddly schools don't employe all Students, and unless your school pays its people some huge wages, alot of schools are out of reach for most poor people. And guess how hard a rich kid worked to go to that same school as your kid...less...if at all...Daddy paid for it.

I guess I am a little confused as to why a person taking out a loan for college cannot due so from the private sector? Further, if i can get a 4.0 GPA and great test scores and get into a good college by doing less work than someone else why does that matter?

If two people have the same job and produce the same work product is one of them supposed to be penalized because they are able to accomplish it by doing less work? Who cares about how "hard" someone works. I am only interested in outcomes.

As usual, the Great Walter Williams gets to the heart of the matter...liberalism has made Black Americans wards of the state.

Jeantel is a senior at Miami Norland Senior High School. How in the world did she manage to become a 12th-grader without being able to read cursive writing? That’s a skill one would expect from a fourth-grader. Jeantel is by no means an exception at her school. Here are a few achievement scores from her school: Thirty-nine percent of the students score basic for reading, and 38 percent score below basic. In math, 37 percent score basic, and 50 percent score below basic. Below basic is the score when a student is unable to demonstrate even partial mastery of knowledge and skills fundamental for proficient work at his grade level. Basic indicates only partial mastery.
Few Americans, particularly black Americans, have any idea of the true magnitude of the black education tragedy. The education establishment might claim that it’s not their fault. They’re not responsible for the devastation caused by female-headed families, drugs, violence and the culture of dependency. But they are totally responsible for committing gross educational fraud. It’s educators who graduated Jeantel from elementary and middle school and continued to pass her along in high school. It’s educators who will, in June 2014, confer upon her a high-school diploma.
The educational system and black family structure and culture have combined to make increasing numbers of young black people virtually useless in the increasingly high-tech world of the 21st century. Too many people believe that pouring more money into schools will help. That’s whistlin’ “Dixie.” Whether a student is black or white, poor or rich, there are some minimum requirements that must be met in order to do well in school. Someone must make the student do his homework, see to it that he gets a good night’s sleep, fix a breakfast, make sure he gets to school on time and make sure he respects and obeys his teachers. Here are my questions: Which one of those requirements can be achieved through a higher school budget? Which can be achieved by politicians? If those minimal requirements aren’t met, whatever else is done is mostly for naught.
I hope Rachel Jeantel’s court performance is a wake-up call for black Americans about the devastation wrought by our educational system.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/walter-e-williams/black-education-tragedy/

Excellent post. I often wonder if anyone ever bothers to really understand how children learn. They are natural learners full of curiosity. It's when that natural interest in life around them is shut down, or worse, punished. The government now wants kids to start school at age four, when they have proven that programs like "Head Start" has no affect on how their grades are at high school graduation. Their brains aren't even fully developed until age five. I'm also against all the institutional type thinking. Sitting quietly at a desk being lectured to or standing in lines all day is contrary to a child's nature.

My boys were very active physically and it was hard for them to sit still. I talked to a retired teacher and she said jokingly, that boys shouldn't have to go to school until they are 12, because most of them are so active. My kids when they were toddlers watched Sesame Street and game shows. They would play around with their toys while I tried to get my morning chores, laundry etc done. Although a little afraid of "Count Dracula" my oldest would count along with the puppet. When he was about three, he would bring me pencil and paper to draw things for him. One time he wanted "three threes". I wrote down three number three numerals. He said no and yelled three threes. I tried three groups of three has marks. He got frustrated and stomped his feet crying "no...three threes". I couldn't understand what he wanted me to do and he was very upset at me. Finally I thought, no way, but, I wrote down the number 9. He smiled and nodded at me. I was floored that my three year old was thinking in terms of multiplication.

One would think this would be a big story...but not in a America turned upside down.
Some think this means Americans are not saving, but spending. And that might be somewhat correct. However it likely means many of these Americans with no net worth, CAN'T save any money because they can't make ends meet with what they make.

Here's more:

savingsrate2009q4historical.png

As you can see, the savings rate in America has fallen off a cliff starting just around 1982. It’s no coincidence that this coincides exactly with a secular bull market in both bonds and stocks. But, notice the surge in savings since the recession began. The rolling 4-quarter average rate hit an all-time low of 1.5% in Q1 2008 when the recession began. As of last quarter it had reached 4.6%. This increase of 3.1% in 7 quarters is without precedent.
Bottom line: we have witnessed an increase in the savings rate the likes of which we have never seen since data tracking began.
I will stop there regarding conclusions, but, if you know your sectoral balances models, then you know what the flip side of this has meant for government deficits. Will it continue? That is the question we are all grappling with. The (non-rolling) quarterly data peaked in Q2 2009 at 5.4%. So I suspect that we have seen the peak savings rate for this business cycle. So, while Americans were increasing savings through the recession, they are no longer doing so.

What do we conclude from all of that?

Excellent post. I often wonder if anyone ever bothers to really understand how children learn. They are natural learners full of curiosity. It's when that natural interest in life around them is shut down, or worse, punished. The government now wants kids to start school at age four, when they have proven that programs like "Head Start" has no affect on how their grades are at high school graduation. Their brains aren't even fully developed until age five. I'm also against all the institutional type thinking. Sitting quietly at a desk being lectured to or standing in lines all day is contrary to a child's nature.

My boys were very active physically and it was hard for them to sit still. I talked to a retired teacher and she said jokingly, that boys shouldn't have to go to school until they are 12, because most of them are so active. My kids when they were toddlers watched Sesame Street and game shows. They would play around with their toys while I tried to get my morning chores, laundry etc done. Although a little afraid of "Count Dracula" my oldest would count along with the puppet. When he was about three, he would bring me pencil and paper to draw things for him. One time he wanted "three threes". I wrote down three number three numerals. He said no and yelled three threes. I tried three groups of three has marks. He got frustrated and stomped his feet crying "no...three threes". I couldn't understand what he wanted me to do and he was very upset at me. Finally I thought, no way, but, I wrote down the number 9. He smiled and nodded at me. I was floored that my three year old was thinking in terms of multiplication.

Yeah...when my son was in grade school he too had a hard time sitting still for hours at a time. The teachers wanted us to give him drugs...I pretty much told them to "f" themselves. He went on to graduate summa cum laude in engineering at one of the nations best engineering schools and is now doing very well.

The approach to teaching of our children needs to change. This sitting at a desk and being lectured, for hours at a time, is not effective.

Yeah...when my son was in grade school he too had a hard time sitting still for hours at a time. The teachers wanted us to give him drugs...I pretty much told them to "f" themselves. He went on to graduate summa cum laude in engineering at one of the nations best engineering schools and is now doing very well.

The approach to teaching of our children needs to change. This sitting at a desk and being lectured, for hours at a time, is not effective.
Your son sounds a little like mine... Sounds like your proud of him...

I heard about a new report just this last week on giving kids drugs for ADHD. The study results showed that giving these drugs to kids has no affect on how well they learn. I wonder just how many kids have been drugged for no reason.

Werbung:
I heard about a new report just this last week on giving kids drugs for ADHD. The study results showed that giving these drugs to kids has no affect on how well they learn. I wonder just how many kids have been drugged for no reason.

they are drugged for the same reason as people inclinical settings, to make it easier on whoever is in charge of them. there was never any other reason. just lies to shut the family up.

Back