4 states confirm water pollution from drilling

steveox

Associated Press review of complaints casts doubt on industry view that it rarely happens.

PITTSBURGH (AP) — In at least four states that have nurtured the nation's energy boom, hundreds of complaints have been made about well-water contamination from oil or gas drilling, and pollution was confirmed in a number of them, according to a review that casts doubt on industry suggestions that such problems rarely happen.

The Associated Press requested data on drilling-related complaints in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Texas and found major differences in how the states report such problems. Texas provided the most detail, while the other states provided only general outlines. And while the confirmed problems represent only a tiny portion of the thousands of oil and gas wells drilled each year in the U.S., the lack of detail in some state reports could help fuel public confusion and mistrust.

The AP found that Pennsylvania received 398 complaints in 2013 alleging that oil or natural gas drilling polluted or otherwise affected private water wells, compared with 499 in 2012. The Pennsylvania complaints can include allegations of short-term diminished water flow, as well as pollution from stray gas or other substances. More than 100 cases of pollution were confirmed over the past five years.

Just hearing the total number of complaints shocked Heather McMicken, an eastern Pennsylvania homeowner who complained about water-well contamination that state officials eventually confirmed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...onfirm-water-pollution-from-drilling/4328859/

This is another example on the Democratic Party brainwashing you. Democrats want high gas prices. THEY LIKE IT!!! They Also want you go though this hell again.
Corbis-42-20036369.jpg

Like I said DEMOCRATS WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU ELECT THEM!

Werbung:
That's why I don't tip black waitresses cause they voted for Obama
hoax-receipt.jpg

receipt-prop-30-card.jpg
You don't know if your sever voted for Obama or even voted at all.

Besides you are not tipping them for their political association steve, you are tipping them for a service that they presumably have already provided for you at the time you pay your tab/bill ....

I can understand if they provided a poor service and you tipped or not accordingly ....

Anything else is a FAIL in your character, not theirs .....

Just saying!

Werbung:
Nope.. Im taking a stand against stupid voters. You want my tip. Don't vote for stupidity and ill be glad give you 10%

Back