20 million asians.

Libsmasher

At university and at work, I've never seen a dumb asian, and I've met many asians. Asians have the highest IQ's of racial groups, beating whites, if memory serves, by five percentage points. Look at the winners of the scholarships in your area - usually the asian students are greatly over-represented. The asians win the spelling contests, EVEN when english isn't their native language! Anyone who attends the perfroming arts knows they are gradually being informed by a growing asian presence.

Instead of allowing 20 million illegal aliens, mostly mexicans to be dumped on us, why don't we deport them and bring in 20 million asians? The main reasons for the illegal alien invasion and nothing done about it are:

1. To create millions of new democrat voters.
2. To enrich corporations who require large numbers of unskilled workers.
3. To bail out the mexican oligarchy from solving their own social problems.

Instead of this massive flow of mexico's illiterate rural underclass, enriching a few and holding america back by looting the welfare state, balkanizing the country culturally, and crowding the prisons, look at the characteristics of the people we could have:

- industrious
- intelligent
- law abiding
- quickly able and willing to assimilate

The "intelligent" part is exactly what we need to become more competitive in the world. Instead, we allow ourselves to be inundated by a third world flood.

Werbung:
Did you ever consider the reason we dont have 20million Asians as illegal immigrants as compared to Mexico is that Mexico shares a land border with the US. It is much easier to walk across a line in the sand than to swim across an ocean.

Hi Masher - whilst I don't disagree wth you point...here's a though for you!

Under your H1B visa programme a company must be able to prove that they have searched for comparable US workers before they go out and hire overseas labour (bear in mind I'm only concerned with the H1B qualification criterion). Law firms can be retained by a company to produce the paperwork for the immigration service to show that you have indeed fulfilled the search requirements but failed, and that they need to bring in immigrant labour to fill the position.

Much has been made of "outsourcing" and that includes intellectual outsourcing in that highly qualified graduates are coming into the US on short-term contracts in order to learn the jobs of their US counterparts and to take those skills back with them and eventually take over from the US worker. Wages are obviously the factor.

One of the tenets of a free market system is the mobility of labour and whilst in principal this may be right and fair, in practise the US can be at a grave disadvantage. Because it is usual for an American Student to pay for his/her education, which can if you are going to be a scientist or engineer, cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and a not inconsiderable period of study. Meritocracy is the basis of most industries but especially the "higher" tech industries thus those graduates coming from countries where they do not pay for higher education or is much cheaper are at an advantage over the American citizen. Considering the investment that Americans make in their education is it not natural for them to want adequate compensation? The overseas worker on a short term contract will obviously be willing to work for less as he will see this as a part of his education; learning skills and work experience that he could net get in his home country! Immidiately you have a wage disparity which has nothing to do with their marginal productivity!

Again let me make this clear Masher that I don't disagree with your thought process. Look at the likes of Google, Sun Micro-systems and Intel for example, they have a significant number of immigrants as co-founders and 40% of silicon valley companies are owned by Indian and Chinese immigrants.

The problems come when large companies are in a position to pervert the intention of what is a valuable resource.....not an easy one is it!

First of all, excelling in academics does not necessarily mean a higher I.Q., It could just mean one tries harder. Also, how about stopping ALL immigration to this country? A ten year moratorium. We don't need anymore workers, and frankly I don't care at all about conditions in other countries. People emigrate here because they have allowed a system to take hold in their country that limits them in various ways, so they come here because this country kisses their "everybody deserves a chance at a good life" butts, at the expense of natural citizens. Do you think that Americans are unable to do what Asians can do?

Hi Masher - whilst I don't disagree wth you point...here's a though for you!

Under your H1B visa programme a company must be able to prove that they have searched for comparable US workers before they go out and hire overseas labour (bear in mind I'm only concerned with the H1B qualification criterion). Law firms can be retained by a company to produce the paperwork for the immigration service to show that you have indeed fulfilled the search requirements but failed, and that they need to bring in immigrant labour to fill the position.

Much has been made of "outsourcing" and that includes intellectual outsourcing in that highly qualified graduates are coming into the US on short-term contracts in order to learn the jobs of their US counterparts and to take those skills back with them and eventually take over from the US worker. Wages are obviously the factor.

One of the tenets of a free market system is the mobility of labour and whilst in principal this may be right and fair, in practise the US can be at a grave disadvantage. Because it is usual for an American Student to pay for his/her education, which can if you are going to be a scientist or engineer, cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and a not inconsiderable period of study. Meritocracy is the basis of most industries but especially the "higher" tech industries thus those graduates coming from countries where they do not pay for higher education or is much cheaper are at an advantage over the American citizen. Considering the investment that Americans make in their education is it not natural for them to want adequate compensation? The overseas worker on a short term contract will obviously be willing to work for less as he will see this as a part of his education; learning skills and work experience that he could net get in his home country! Immidiately you have a wage disparity which has nothing to do with their marginal productivity!

Again let me make this clear Masher that I don't disagree with your thought process. Look at the likes of Google, Sun Micro-systems and Intel for example, they have a significant number of immigrants as co-founders and 40% of silicon valley companies are owned by Indian and Chinese immigrants.

The problems come when large companies are in a position to pervert the intention of what is a valuable resource.....not an easy one is it!

I of course am aware of H1B and the problems associated with it. What I am proposing is completely different though, not H1B. What I propose is opening the door of the regular 5-year citizenship process to these people - even with chinese conditions vastly improved from only 20 years ago, I'm thinking many chinese will jump on the idea. The people chosen would be subject to a high IQ test, and indications of committment to becoming a regular US citizen and assimilating. I'm guessing the point will come when even the chinese might agree to this, as their "one-child" policy is producing a generation which is overly-lopsided with frustrated and angry men who won't be able to find wives.

First of all, excelling in academics does not necessarily mean a higher I.Q., It could just mean one tries harder. Also, how about stopping ALL immigration to this country? A ten year moratorium. We don't need anymore workers, and frankly I don't care at all about conditions in other countries. People emigrate here because they have allowed a system to take hold in their country that limits them in various ways, so they come here because this country kisses their "everybody deserves a chance at a good life" butts, at the expense of natural citizens. Do you think that Americans are unable to do what Asians can do?

Whether it is because of higher IQ, or harder work - asians produce the goods. Go to any university, any high-tech company, even any big orchestra, and look. We have lost the smokestack industries, and now the white collar jobs - what are we going to make and sell in the future? My answer is super-high tech that surpasses anything in the world. This is how Israel has made it, sitting on a couple hundred square miles of desert - as Golda Meir put it "the only place in the mideast not sitting on an ocean of oil."
Jews have similar high IQs an a tradition of valuing learning. The US has been dumbed down by the stinking government school system - SOMETHING is needed to break this country out of it's decay, and the asians would lift standards.

Asians have the highest IQ's of racial groups,

IIRC, Ashkenazi Jews beat them, with a mean IQ two-thirds of a standard deviation above Asians and a full standard deviation above whites. Not all Asians are equal, though; East Asians outscore whites, who in turn outscore Southeast Asians (with a mean IQ only marginally higher than that of American blacks).

Instead of allowing 20 million illegal aliens, mostly mexicans to be dumped on us, why don't we deport them and bring in 20 million asians?

Asians bring odd values with them as well. I seem to recall an area of Cascadian Canada saw a sudden influx of Chinese immigrants buying exceptionally large areas of property and then cutting down all the trees on them because of a superstition that they contained evil spirits. Then they'd build giant ugly houses on their plots.

It would probably make better sense economically though, there's no doubt of that.

First of all, excelling in academics does not necessarily mean a higher I.Q., It could just mean one tries harder.

Sure, but there is a strong and positive correlation -- East Asians both excel in academics and have higher IQs.

Also, how about stopping ALL immigration to this country?

Got my vote.

East Asians outscore whites, who in turn outscore Southeast Asians (with a mean IQ only marginally higher than that of American blacks).

I find that impossible to believe. I live near Westminster California, the biggest vietnamese community in the US, They are always kicking ass academically. Also, very many vietnamese got to Troy High School, another school within my county, which was ranked #28 in Newsweek's 2008 top 1300 US high schools (the US has about 13,500 high schools).

SOMETHING is needed to break this country out of it's decay, and the asians would lift standards.

I just don't agree that America needs to adopt an Eastern philosophy to regain it's greatness. Instead of importing those of foreign birth to do what American's CAN do, how about kicking out those of foreign birth (I'm not going to name whose of whom I am speaking) who bring the country down by their lower standards of living and achievement? There are a lot more people in this country illegally that are bringing it down, than those here legally that are bringing it up.

I just don't agree that America needs to adopt an Eastern philosophy to regain it's greatness. Instead of importing those of foreign birth to do what American's CAN do, how about kicking out those of foreign birth (I'm not going to name whose of whom I am speaking) who bring the country down by their lower standards of living and achievement? There are a lot more people in this country illegally that are bringing it down, than those here legally that are bringing it up.

The "kicking out" and "bringing in" are a one-two punch - both are needed.

The kicking out of the illegals will open up some unskilled jobs for americans, and rid ourselves of the illegals' social costs. Bringing in millions of sharp high IQ asians will allow the founding of new super high tech technologies and products, greatly increasing the nation's wealth, which makes everything else possible, including new jobs for average people.

The "kicking out" and "bringing in" are a one-two punch - both are needed. The kicking out of the illegals will open up some unskilled jobs for americans, and rid ourselves of the illegals' social costs. Bringing in millions of sharp high IQ asians will allow the founding of new super high tech technologies and products, greatly increasing the nation's wealth, which makes everything else possible, including new jobs for average people.

I agree about kicking out illegal aliens. They can come back if they do it the legal way. But letsa' talk about Asians and high tech. I am a software engineer and have worked for Xerox (14 yrs.) and IBM (6 years). After that I was a consultant for various high tech corporations before retiring. Let me convey to you we have a lot of American high tech talent. Please do not short change our talent in that field. I was at Xerox when we had mag cards, 8" disc drives, 5.25 disc drives, portable hard disk drives, etc. and we did not have one Asian on board.

I agree about kicking out illegal aliens. They can come back if they do it the legal way. But letsa' talk about Asians and high tech. I am a software engineer and have worked for Xerox (14 yrs.) and IBM (6 years). After that I was a consultant for various high tech corporations before retiring. Let me convey to you we have a lot of American high tech talent. Please do not short change our talent in that field. I was at Xerox when we had mag cards, 8" disc drives, 5.25 disc drives, portable hard disk drives, etc. and we did not have one Asian on board.

I too am a software engineer, mostly in aerospace, and asians are coming out of the woodwork. I'm not short changing americans, but just try this experiment: go to the engineering and science buildings of any major university - walk around and tell me what you see. A huge percentage of doctoral students are foreigners who are taking what we know back with them. I was stunned when I worked at the old hughes aircraft co. that one of the chinese guys was from the PRC - he was working on non-classified commercial satellite ground system software. We need all the high tech talent we can get, because that's the only future for us.

Werbung:
So how would this assist the USA?

You can't imagine at all how stopping a massive, economically unnecessary influx of desperately poor surplus unemployable Third World hand laborers that no one wants here would assist the USA?

I find that impossible to believe. I live near Westminster California, the biggest vietnamese community in the US, They are always kicking ass academically. Also, very many vietnamese got to Troy High School, another school within my county, which was ranked #28 in Newsweek's 2008 top 1300 US high schools (the US has about 13,500 high schools).

Maybe, but there's a couple points to be made that qualify that. One, the fact that Vietnamese have a lower mean IQ doesn't mean there aren't exceptionally intelligent Vietnamese. It only means that if you take a random sample of the Vietnamese population and compare it to a random sample of the white population, the white population mean will probably be higher than the Vietnamese population mean. In the social sciences we call this the "man who" phenomenon -- i.e., "I know a man who smoked four packs of cigarettes a day and never got lung cancer." The presence of outliers doesn't preclude meaningful categorization.

Two, it could be Vietnamese really do have exceptionally high IQs but that other Southeast Asians have lower ones, and that the net effect is to drag Vietnamese down.

Three, it could just be environmental; Vietnamese living in comfort in the US are naturally going to have a higher IQ than Vietnamese malnourished and miserable in Vietnam.

I too am a software engineer, mostly in aerospace, and asians are coming out of the woodwork. I'm not short changing americans, but just try this experiment: go to the engineering and science buildings of any major university - walk around and tell me what you see. A huge percentage of doctoral students are foreigners who are taking what we know back with them.

Immigration is the cause of that problem, not the solution.

Why should anyone study engineering fields if they know the field has been rendered uncompetitive by massive foreign immigration?

Back