120% answer poll on falsified data!

PLC1

Staff member
Of course, this is from the lefly "Media Matters", so it can't possibly be true.
No one could be dumb enough to televise a poll that adds up to 120%, could it? Certainly not the network that has a zero tolerance policy for errors? Not the one that is fair and balanced. Trying to spin a poll isn't fair and balanced, so it is obvious that this must be a liberal media attempt to discredit a conservative network, right?

right?

sure. Must be.

Check out this terrible left wing smear of a wonderful network where great Americans work. Shameful, just shameful.

Werbung:
It puzzles me that some of the people who think 9/11 couldn't have been a conspiracy because it would take so many people to pull it off, but they DO think that global warming is a hoax--which implies a conspiracy--of vast proportion when one looks at all the scientific disciplines that are reporting effects caused by warming, such as migration patterns in birds, land animals, and fish, the bleaching of corals, the melting glaciers... Hello? There would have to be millions of people in this conspiracy and animals and fish and birds and even the ice.:eek:

Errors happen when you are human, but Fox is very accurate I suspect, close to 100%.
And in this case there was no error, except on the forum posters (PLC1) end!

Check the stats at rasmussen which they used:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ns_skeptical_of_science_behind_global_warming

The Rasmussen numbers add up to 120 in paragraph 4. So Fox used those numbers.
Your beef is with Rasmussen, except their numbers are actually good
if you could understand them. Actually your beef is with God because he
gave you a mind that can't comprehend the facts!

Now Media Matter attempts to find all errors
they can on the right media side and not the left! They are corrupt
just like Obama's administration is and stupid to boot. But they have
an agenda!

As for man-made global warming, yes it's a hoax and people are catching
on in some numbers now (52%)
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ns_skeptical_of_science_behind_global_warming

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May
(Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

It puzzles me that some of the people who think 9/11 couldn't have been a conspiracy because it would take so many people to pull it off, but they DO think that global warming is a hoax--which implies a conspiracy--of vast proportion when one looks at all the scientific disciplines that are reporting effects caused by warming, such as migration patterns in birds, land animals, and fish, the bleaching of corals, the melting glaciers... Hello? There would have to be millions of people in this conspiracy and animals and fish and birds and even the ice.:eek:

Quite Correct...and next time some 'MENTAL MIDGET' says it's all a contrived hoax...just have them go repair all of the damage that's been done: put the snow back, repair the ice flows, stop the constant erosion of disappearing snow/ice sheets from those mountain ranges...make the 'MAGIC HAPPEN' ;)

Of course, this is from the lefly "Media Matters", so it can't possibly be true.
No one could be dumb enough to televise a poll that adds up to 120%, could it? Certainly not the network that has a zero tolerance policy for errors? Not the one that is fair and balanced. Trying to spin a poll isn't fair and balanced, so it is obvious that this must be a liberal media attempt to discredit a conservative network, right?

right?

sure. Must be.

Check out this terrible left wing smear of a wonderful network where great Americans work. Shameful, just shameful.

Its a good thing we have Fox news haters out there to clear stuff up, thank you plc1!

I watch this show every morning before work, I didnt notice this. Do you know if they showed the chart while talking or if they just talked about the chart?

I have seen the chart before, but it could have been on another program or the Rasmussen Reports I get in email each day.

Anyone looking at the chart would be able to see the actual numbers reguardless of what the hosts of the show were saying, though that does not mean they should not try to be more accurate. I will have to watch those morning people, I think this is twice in a short time they had over 100 percent for something.

there is about 20 something percent of people in this country who would buy into anything obamaCo. said or did, so its not surprising that 26 percent of the country thinks its unlikely that global warming is at least some what faked.

But I am glad to know that the rest at least look at it discerningly.

59% somewhat likely
39% very likely

[]

an agenda!

so basically you are saying that Fox reported what Rasmussen said here:

"Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Americans say it’s at least somewhat likely that some scientists have falsified research data to support their own theories and beliefs about global warming. Thirty-five percent (35%) say it’s Very Likely. Just 26% say it’s not very or not at all likely that some scientists falsified data. "

And then Media Matters did not understand what Rasmusssen found before criticizing Fox for it!!

By now we have seen multiple stories about how Fox misrepresents things and most of the time Fox has been vindicated like this time.

The lesson to be learned here is that when we see MM or Huffington critisizing Fox we need to consider the source and their track record for false accusations.

It is a leftist organization. From their "about us" section on their site:

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

Hence the reason they don't bother fact checking their own, or bringing to light the Progressive misinformation that is so prevelent.

they DO think that global warming is a hoax - Mare

Its the part about GW being man made (antropogenic) that is a hoax.

Errors happen when you are human, but Fox is very accurate I suspect, close to 100%.

an agenda!

As for man-made global warming, yes it's a hoax and people are catching
on in some numbers now (52%)

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May
(Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

of course you ignore that fact that actually present the numbers in the correct way....and a total number...and then a 2 part break down...Fox presents it as 3 separate numbers....thus making the numbers look far greater and also showing a complete lack of how to show poll numbers..or make a simple graph...its takes years ot training to know how to make a accurate graph you know..

but also nice try trying to somehow make this about Obama's ability to speak Spanish....while our last president had issues with English and just for fun the First Bush's VP..wished he had taken more latin in school so he could better speak with the people of latin American... :)

Now repeat after me...its not hard...FOX NEWS was wrong...I know you don't want to say it, even more so after 4 weeks of screw ups like this....but just say it, you will feel better saying it outloud ...you know deep down you know its true...we are your freinds...we are here to help you threw this hard time

so basically you are saying that Fox reported what Rasmussen said here:

"Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Americans say it’s at least somewhat likely that some scientists have falsified research data to support their own theories and beliefs about global warming. Thirty-five percent (35%) say it’s Very Likely. Just 26% say it’s not very or not at all likely that some scientists falsified data. "

And then Media Matters did not understand what Rasmusssen found before criticizing Fox for it!!

By now we have seen multiple stories about how Fox misrepresents things and most of the time Fox has been vindicated like this time.

The lesson to be learned here is that when we see MM or Huffington critisizing Fox we need to consider the source and their track record for false accusations.

Fox news Reports what Rasmussen founds....INCORRECTLY . read the report and you can see clearly what each number means...watch Fox and they present it 100% different...why? are they retarded and don't understand? or the more likey...it looks better for there agenda...

and who vindicated them for there pie graph that added up to more then 100% ? someone who never took a stats class and has no concept on how to graph something, and what kind of graph to use where? Or did they get vindicated for the 2 weeks in a row the "accidentally" aired the wrong fotage that of course the wrong footage went in favor of making there story look better and less made up...

its amazing how they can always screw up, in favor of the Republican party

( how many times in a scandle did Republicans get list as (D) and many times over and over? Now how mand Dems reported as (R)"?

odd

Very accurate, more that 100%. I think they're at least 120% accurate! It's that lefty Media Matters that is just trying to make them look bad.

Absolutely. Obama doesn't speak Spanish, so it is totally understandable that Fox news people can't add. You nailed it.

and who vindicated them for there pie graph that added up to more then 100% ? someone who never took a stats class and has no concept on how to graph something, and what kind of graph to use where?

Pie graphs should be used for things that add up to 100% and other kinds of graphs should b used for things that add up different ways.

Are you really getting so petty as to accept that they had the right numbers and they were meaningful but they should have used another kind of graph?

They are journalists after all and not scientists. if any of the journalists from any of the news networks had been smarter they would not be journalists.

Your other point in a moment. Perhaps I was too quick but i will review it again.

of course you ignore that fact that actually present the numbers in the correct way....and a total number...and then a 2 part break down...Fox presents it as 3 separate numbers....thus making the numbers look far greater and also showing a complete lack of how to show poll numbers..or make a simple graph...its takes years ot training to know how to make a accurate graph you know..

Ok I have reviewed it.

Rasmussen on their own website posts:

Fox then posted:

59% somewhat likely
35% very likely
26% not very likely

and Media matters says:

"Fox News' graphics department added together the "very likely" and "somewhat likely" numbers to reach 59 percent, and called that new group "somewhat likely." Then, for some reason, they threw in the 35 percent "very likely" as their own group, even though they already added that number to the "somewhat likely" percentage. Then they mashed together the "not very likely" and "not likely at all" groups, and threw the 15 percent who were unsure into the waste bin. Voila -- 120 percent. "

There is not doubt at all that Fox was just reporting what Rasmussen said and that media matters is coming to conclusions based on something other than the Rassumussen site (perhaps their imaginations?).

Rasmussen gave it as three separate numbers and Fox reported it as three separate numbers.

Werbung:
Back